• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit shed

Rexripley

Mama Doe
Currently the shed is split into two living areas as we had two pairs of rabbits living in each one.

Now we only have the one pair left I'm in two minds of either changing it so they have even more room, or keeping it as it is "just incase"

Im pretty sure I won't be getting another rabbit but there's still the tiny chance it may happen one day.

What do you think?

How is it split? I guess for me the decision would be how easy it is to take down the partition and how easy it'd be to put it up again, as well as whether the partition can be stored somewhere where it wouldn't get damaged. Also how much space do your current pair have and how much would they have if you remove the partition?

Could also use one of the tunnel connectors, I think welfare hutch do a 'door' section you can use to seal off a tunnel. If you fitted that without the tunnel you could easily close it up again in future :)

Unless you're going to get new buns in the near future, I'd give them the whole lot. Giving rabbits enough run-time can be challenging in the winter, and this means they'll have more permanent space so can exercise at all hours.

I guess the best course of action would be to ask your dad how to remove the panels, as he built it, or if it would be difficult to do I would go with Tamsin's suggestion and get a couple of runaround doors.

Back