• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any pet sitters on RU?

marleysworld

Mama Doe
Unfortunately until I move house I am unable to start my rabbit boarding business.
I am thinking about maybe being a pet sitter for rabbits where I go and feed them etc in their own homes. Outside bunnies only.
Does anyone do this and are willing to share any pros/cons?
Also do you have insurance?
Thanks

I do visits. I love it :) Pros are not needing to rearrange your home, also personally I cannot do business activities where I live so boarding also not an option for me. Cons are potentially high fuel costs, which may cost you out if you charge expenses, or make your area restricted if you don't and can't run at a loss. You'll need a car ideally (though the petsitter I use buses around, there's not so many areas that's possible and it might restrict you on being able to visit at specific tikes). You'll learn as you go which areas might be busy at certain times (if you live in town) - you can loose incredible amounts of time going from place to place until you crack the best routes to use. Also be prepared for late night/early morning visits, and also multiple visits with you driving back and forth.

I do have insurance, through Westminster Indemnity. There are also several pet specific insurance companies :)

I would love to find someone who is bunny savvy to do exactly that!
Our sisters are currently seperated after hormones/spay and even when they are (hopefully) rebonded they will be outdoor girls!

Currently looking around the area we live and are due to be moving to and struggling to find boarding places that suit their needs or even pet services who would come to them to feed etc. (hubby is starting to worry we'll never get to go away again).

I'm not but I use one since Buddies closed and I was unable to find anyplace to board my buns. They were recommended by the RWAF, the company is called Animals at Home and they work as franchise http://www.animalsathome.co.uk/. Our local guy also does the pet ambulance for a few local vets (including our own).

I do dog walking and pet sitting visits. Unfortunately I hardly ever get asked about bunnies mostly cats & dogs. Such a shame but find neighbours in the village will feed them for free for them. My webpage is www.k9walksandall.co.uk

I currently do pet sitting and am very close to starting my bunny boarding business, I live in Chertsey in Surrey if that helps. I am bunny knowledgeable and can medicate due to my own arthritic bunny.
PM me if needed.
Re pet sitting I agree with the point about early starts and late finishes. I was working at a vets from 2.30 - 19.30 then doing pet sitting, I wasn't getting home until 22.30/23.00 that was all of August. I do love it though I get the pleasure of some beautiful cats and dogs, whom I just cuddle and feed :)

Back