• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week's vet visit ...

bunslave

Mama Doe
1. Notice bunny isn't right.. 11pm.. although perfectly normal an hour previous.

2. Consider vet trip although said rabbit has hoodwinked slave before like this at considerable cost and embarrassment.

3.Check tum and droppings then offer treat which is taken and another requested. :roll:

4. Retire to bed and set alarms for silly o' clock

5.Toss and turn and eventually get up to check bun half an hour later. Bun v. disapproving at being disturbed with a gobful of hay,

6. Retire to couch 'just in case' and sleep through alarms :shock:

7. Check bun and decide vet visit required. Make call and appointment made for hour and a half later. Journey will take 1 hour.:|

8. Dash upstairs to dress and wash and see to other buns/cavies etc and locate carrier.

9. Look for poorly bun and their partner who have mysteriously vanished since you picked up carrier 3 rooms and a staircase away :evil:

10. Locate poorly bun and put in carrier. Realise the door part is not there so push open carrier up to wall. Locate door.

11. Look for poorly bun as partner has released him from capture. Put bun in carrier and close door. Swill face and wrists with cold water to stop hot flush.

12. Try to locate wily bun partner. Bang head on table leg, use bad words and eventually corner said bun and put them in carrier. Promise self to remember to order new carrier (again)

13.Apologise out loud to other pets for disruption to routine and promise treats later. Use wet wipes on arm pits.

14. Load carrier in car, check for purse/wallet and set off trying to avoid roadworks, schools and traffic jams.Appointment in 45 mins. Notice slippers still on feet.

15. Vet visit over, trip home takes 20 mins. Remember things you had meant to ask. Ponder overdraft limit.:evil::evil:... Wonder if they noticed slippers :oops:

16. Home and meds given.Promise self to get bigger meds box. Try to catch up on chores

17.Dinner time. Poorly no longer bun nomming happily, wily partner having major sulk in cardboard box and refusing all foods. :roll: Food disappears when you're not in room.

18. 3 days later, wily bun decides to forgive and raids fridge at every opportunity.

:lol::lol:... but you really wouldn't have it any other way, would you???

I once did an emergency trip in my 'mucking out' clothes and ended up in the waiting room for about half an hour wondering if people were all judging the 'dragged through a hedge look.' The joys of bunny ownership.

Oh yes the vet trips you never forget:lol:

I have worn my slippers more than once for either bunnies or the cat, T shirt usually with added muddy paws, hay poking out where hay shouldn't be :oops: looking like the hedge won the last fight too:oops:

Glad bunny is fine :thumb:

Also relieved I'm not the only one so be assured you ain't either :lol:

That's hilarious sounds like my usual sweaty :shock: flustered rush to the vets, why is it always so boiling hot in there too!!!
Glad buns are good :lol:

Back