• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heartwarming news about some wonderful bunny owners.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
At this time of year, once Christmas is over, no doubt many unwanted furry friends will be looking for new homes, via rescues, their own owners finding new homes and sadly some will just be abandoned.

Now the idea of this thread is to try and cheer you up.

In my experience of having cared for other peoples' furry families over the past 13 years, I can tell you that there are so many wonderful and caring owners out there. For me, many will not book their own holiday(s) until they know that I will have space to board their little one(s). The care and consideration shown to their pets is incredible and it is never the case of "...it's just a rabbit!" More the case of....."he/she is one of the family!"

So hopefully this little thread will help restore faith in many human beings.:thumb:

I have just contacted my bunny boarder to find out when she was on holiday to make sure my holidays fitted in.... I wouldn't leave my bunnies with 'just anyone'...

Xx

I have just contacted my bunny boarder to find out when she was on holiday to make sure my holidays fitted in.... I wouldn't leave my bunnies with 'just anyone'...

Xx

Excellent!!!!! Already quite a few weeks in the summertime are looking quite busy. Heaven forbid that I would ever want, let alone consider having a holiday in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, since starting my animal boarding businesses fairly recently I have looked after more rabbits than any other animal, it is lovely being able to show people how happy their rabbits are in large accommodation with loads of hay and toys etc, I have met so many people who love their rabbits :) xx

As a rabbit boarder and rescuer myself, I've found a great gulf between those who love their little ones and want to know how to 'do it' better, and those who want rid of them and consequently keep them in appalling circumstances until they do.

I feel that education is the key. I always have loads of leaflets/booklets to give my boarders' parents. They can also be inspired by seeing my own bunnies running around and having fun, and get ideas that way.

Lovely thread Mrs B :thumb:

Xx

Love you too Fee!!!!

Last edited:
I was really inspired by the dedication , knowledge and care shown by all the rescues that i collected rabbits from to join my family. I would love to have a rescue near me where i could volunteer ... i am alo touched by the interest that many of my friends and family take in my rabbits. Our land lady has got rabbits for her daughter and they are going to give them a shed having been inspired by my set ups.

Hey Ali!,!

My bunnies LURVE their aunty:love:

Ali is a great aunty and fantastic buddy too.:wave::love:

Funny how attached you can become to the bunnies that don't belong to you!!!!! I love them all....I never see them as bunnies, I understand and know their personalities so it is always just as if some lovely friends have come to stay once again. :thumb::love:

Ali is a great aunty and fantastic buddy too.:wave::love:

Funny how attached you can become to the bunnies that don't belong to you!!!!! I love them all....I never see them as bunnies, I understand and know their personalities so it is always just as if some lovely friends have come to stay once again. :thumb::love:

That's what I love about fostering buns. You get to know a little personality, then send him/her off to a lovely new home. Then there is the excitement of meeting another little personality - or two or three. And so it goes on ...

That's what I love about fostering buns. You get to know a little personality, then send him/her off to a lovely new home. Then there is the excitement of meeting another little personality - or two or three. And so it goes on ...

That's why I'd love to foster rabbits and other animals. It would be hard saying goodbye but worth it for meeting lots of different animals who all have their own unique personalities:love:

Every single one that I have had the pleasure to meet over the years has been a real joy to care for. All very different, some charming, some feisty....like humans.....but all have been wonderful in their own right.

I don't think Ali knew what hit her with my fur babies. She said she had never seen rabbits eat as much hay... don't think she expected such greedy buns.. she did love Willow especially:love:

When I thought I would have to give Willow up, my heart was broken, It then hit me just how much I can't live without my small furry friends.....xxx

Back