• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on furminators

liv862

Warren Scout
hey guys, just wanted to collect peoples thoughts on furminator brushes. I was considering getting one of their small animal ones for my lionheads but since their pretty expensive i wanted a bit more info before I commit to buying one.

I read some reviews that said the comb is a bit sharp, is it unsuitable for bunny faces? And will it keep the fur long but thin out the underfluff? Or will it cut the mane all short?

Thanks in advance,

liv xxx

There horrible to use and can be dangerous too, lots of sharp edges and thete heavy and I'm sure someone's bunny on here got a nasty skin wound from one...

There horrible to use and can be dangerous too, lots of sharp edges and thete heavy and I'm sure someone's bunny on here got a nasty skin wound from one...

It was Jaysmonkey who had the terrible skin wound on one of her bunnies :( It looked absolutely horrific and was massive. I personally wouldn't risk it because of how flighty bunnies are along with their delicate skin. Plus from what I understand it partially works by trimming the undercoat which would be inappropriate in rabbits, especially ones who live outside.

I do use one with Smudge but he has such a thick coat no other brush works and it pulls a lot less than a comb does. I am extremely gentle with it though and then gently use a comb on fiddly areas.

fab see this is why i wanted to check, i read loads of good reviews on amazon but wanted to hear from the pros on RU lol! this zoom groom thing, do they do a small animal version? i cant see any on amazon but maybe they do them elsewhere? I cant see how that wud work tho, they bristles are so far apart! does it work with static from the rubber perhaps?

Thanks for all your responses, i will not be buying a furminator just in case! <3

Back