• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fenugreek

I gave my buns dried fenugreek leaves from the health food shop this Christmas sprinkled on top of their grass. Was about £2 for 40g but as it was an Xmas pressie and was well received I didn't mind the cost. :love:

Thank you. I have never seen fenugreek sold in the supermarkets. Maybe I could grow some and meanwhile try the health shop for some dried.

Thank you. I have never seen fenugreek sold in the supermarkets. Maybe I could grow some and meanwhile try the health shop for some dried.

You might not get it from a high street Supermarket but if you go to an Asian shop then you will definitely get it fresh :D

I got some for mine it took a couple of days for them to get what it was now they love it :D

Anyone know if the seeds are alright for the buns? I can get the Fenugreek Crunchies here in the States through Amazon, but I was thinking of maybe making my own. I got some powered seeds yesterday while in Amish Country.

I haven't seem the plant/veggie anywhere here yet. But then the last time I was at an Asian market, I wasn't really looking for it.

Sincerely,
Mum to 2 Fenugreek Crunchie fanatics
:lol:

I buy the herb itself, by the bunch, and they absolutely love it :D

(ps it's also known as Methi in the shops)

You have just made my day! Ive seen this in Asda and never known what it was so avoided it!!!! Whats the betting they wont have any in for ages now I want it!!

I saw seeds in our garden centre was tempted to buy a packet and grow some this summer, but unsure how they grow and look x

You have just made my day! Ive seen this in Asda and never known what it was so avoided it!!!! Whats the betting they wont have any in for ages now I want it!!

You know, I avoided it for years for the same reason! But there are loads of shops near me sell it, so I bit the bullet and googled 'Methi' and found out buns love it :lol:

Mine 2!.. they adore it.. I managed to find a local shop that had it in dried herb form.. now he's getting in fresh bunches.
It does seem to come and go, but I'm so pleased to have found some :D

Back