• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FFS Buster!!!

moi

Mama Doe
Its nearly midnight and my neighbours have just called round to complain about Busters thumping. I know hes bored and lonely on his own and Im trying everything to keep him entertained. And now Im going to have to shut him in his hutch in the evenings as the noise is muffled by the hay and straw. Im so hacked off. I dont blame my neighbours for complaining, Id be complaining too if it wasnt my rabbit x

:( that's not good. How come he is thumping so much? Is there something freaking him out? They can break their legs through thumping, or even stress and frighten themselves to death if there is something frightening him :( I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

We stuff kale into a large jingle ball for bun in the eves that she gets to chase around, in case that might be of help for you. Between that, a bit of TV, munching on her hay and hay cottage, it seems to keep her occupied between petting sessions and her bedtime treat.

Any chance you can bring him in and have him as a house rabbit? Pickles was fine in his shed when Ginger was alive, but he'd freak out in there after he'd died.

Something is clearly upsetting Buster. If your neighbours are being disturbed by his thumping then there must be something seriously wrong. Can't you bring him inside? It's not fair to leave a rabbit outside if he is so freaked out he is thumping all night. :(

Something is clearly upsetting Buster. If your neighbours are being disturbed by his thumping then there must be something seriously wrong. Can't you bring him inside? It's not fair to leave a rabbit outside if he is so freaked out he is thumping all night. :(

This. :(

Its nearly midnight and my neighbours have just called round to complain about Busters thumping. I know hes bored and lonely on his own and Im trying everything to keep him entertained. And now Im going to have to shut him in his hutch in the evenings as the noise is muffled by the hay and straw. Im so hacked off. I dont blame my neighbours for complaining, Id be complaining too if it wasnt my rabbit x

If it was as windy were you are last night as it was here then I suspect Buster was terrified :cry: I really think you need to find a way to bring him indoors as if you just shut him away in a hutch he will become more and more stressed and in Rabbits stress all too often has a bad ending :cry:

There is no point getting cross with him, he is only doing what a scared Rabbit does and the best way forward is to look at finding a way to house him indoors until you can rehome him.

That's why I come on here to vent and rant, rather than it being directed at buster himself.

I know why he's thumping, he's been doing it since he's been alone. I've had no joy finding him a new home, I can't ask for a new home on here as it'll get deleted and its been a month since I asked for permission.

Bringing him in is not an option, the only room I have would mean he'd be confined to a metre of puppy panels.

Could you not use puppy panels to let him freerange in your bedroom? You could block off or move anything he could chew?

No, my bedroom isn't that big anyhow. Plus I like my sleep x

Am I right in thinking that the only ending you want is for someone to come along and take your bunny to a new home? I read this thread as that you no longer like your rabbit since the fight, are not prepared to come up with a solution for him and just want him off your hands :(

He is still your responsibility whilst you are his owner and he deserves the best, no matter how you are perceiving him at the moment.

I find this very upsetting.

Why are your posts being deleted ?

Can you not ask to have a thread started in the rabbits in need section?

Do you have anyone who understands bunnies needs or anyone you know on here that could come to your house and see if there's a way to arrange things that will give him space indoors? It may be that there is a solution but it just needs a fresh pair of eyes (and a pair of eyes who won't say "just put a tiny cage in the corner" of course!)

I love Buster to pieces, and I was very upset when he attacked Peggy, but I soon calmed down and realised that these things happen. That's why I like to come on here and have a bit of a rant to fellow bunny lovers. I don't just 'want him off my hands' I want what's best for him and as I'm no longer comfortable with bonding him I think it would be unfair for him to live a life alone.

I know how to bunnyproof a home, I have got 2 indoor bunnys but I really do not have any room at all.no amount of rearranging would change that.

My posts for looking for a new home were deleted because they are not alowed without permission, and I asked for permission on the 9th of december and have not heard back from the moderater x

Buster must have the world's loudest fuzzy thumpers or your neighbours are extremely light sleepers.

I have Hershel and Maggie in my room at the moment and still manage to sleep with Maggie doing Binky 500's around the pen on a night. George and Harry live outside directly below my bedroom window and I only hear them occasionally, normally when the neighbours cat is sitting on the hutch or run.

What is he thumping on? Is there any way you can further sound proof his living areas. Perhaps some foam play mats in the run area might help muffle any thumping.

He is a reaaaaaly loud thumper, it sounds like firework bangers going off. His run is on concrete. I may try mats, are they ok in the rain etc though??

He thumps most night. The neighbours are lovely but I can understand why they are annoyed. X

I can really sympathise. Elijah used to thump every night when I first got him and no neighbours complained but he was keeping me awake (possibly neighbours but they might not of known what the noise was) so I used to go out at around 2.00 am and fetch him in. I think it was attention seeking behaviour in his case. The accommodation inside was only temporary so I'd have to put him out again for space. Eventually he moved indoors when I had a swap round but if it just isn't feasible then you are at a dead end.

Elijah's hutch had thick carpet on the plywood but he still made himself heard!

My posts for looking for a new home were deleted because they are not alowed without permission, and I asked for permission on the 9th of december and have not heard back from the moderater x

I wonder if it's got lost somewhere, there's not usually so much delay.

Back