• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish there was a Rabbit Group... (West Midlands & surrounding)

Alibunbun

Warren Scout
I've been thinking the last few days, it would be lovely to be a member of a Rabbit Group local to me, as it's often that a lot of people, even animal people, don't appreciate rabbits as much as we do. But there are none that I've found :(

I keep imagining a West Midlands Rabbit Group, having talks, demonstrations, discussions, even going on group foraging in different areas! It seems like the perfect imaginary group :lol:

I'm busy a lot of the time with uni but even meeting once a month would be better than not having a group at all!

Out of interest if I was to start something like this or initiate it, would anyone be interested? :oops:

Edit: Obviously age range would vary, I myself am 20, but age is no issue I'm happy to talk rabbits with anyone :thumb:

They are organised by the Rabbit Welfare Association so you might need to call/email them for the info :)

I can't seem to find one or details of one online :( But my question about starting a group still stands!

Edit: Oh thanks Tamsin I'll check it out :)

I might look into it Mrs. Bunnykins!I did see that when you become a member you can start one if there isn't already a group in your area :D

I might look into it Mrs. Bunnykins!I did see that when you become a member you can start one if there isn't already a group in your area :D

That's right. Best of luck as I am sure loads of like minded people would love to meet up and talk about......................bunnies!!!!!!:thumb::love:

Turns out there isn't one in our area, but we are setting one up :thumb: :D I'll let you know updates ASAP, but members of the RWAF in the area should receive an email soon regarding it.

I joined the Kent Hopper Group when it started last year. We meet monthly and have a great time - there are now 9 of us and we have our own Facebook group.

We are also having a RWAF stall in the local Pets at Home around Easter time to promote rabbit welfare so hopefully may be able to get a few more members then.

Good luck with setting up your new group.

I would come to a Hopper Group (when I could fit it in) - and would be happy to host mtgs and give forage and housing chats - but just cannot add to my workload by actually organising a group myself! I am on the Cambs/Northants border.

willowsmum on here started the bristol hopper group and she comes up with loads of ideas of things for us to do etc so you should talk to her if you do start one up :D

Back