• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I still haven't got my new bunny I adopted last week from the rspca :(

beki

Mama Doe
He went in to be neutered a week ago and they weren't happy to discharge over the weekend as he had nibbled the wound (ouch!!) they rang to update me on Monday and his bits were still swollen so said they would update me yesterday. Call yesterday and their vet is still not happy to release him as he is still swollen but he is on medication and he needs to finish the course before they will let me take him home. They will ring me monday but as I work tues - thurs I probably won't be able to get him until next Friday :(

Meanwhile ruby is all set up in her new hutch (which is a double storey so I'm going to separate the top from the bottom and he can live in the bottom Til they are bonded) waiting for a new bunny to love!

He went in to be neutered a week ago and they weren't happy to discharge over the weekend as he had nibbled the wound (ouch!!) they rang to update me on Monday and his bits were still swollen so said they would update me yesterday. Call yesterday and their vet is still not happy to release him as he is still swollen but he is on medication and he needs to finish the course before they will let me take him home. They will ring me monday but as I work tues - thurs I probably won't be able to get him until next Friday :(

Meanwhile ruby is all set up in her new hutch (which is a double storey so I'm going to separate the top from the bottom and he can live in the bottom Til they are bonded) waiting for a new bunny to love!

Oh I'm sorry he hasn't come home yet :(

I know you're desperate to have him with you. However, it's much better that he is fully well before he has the stress of adjusting to a new home, however lovely that will be!

He'll have less time to wait with you before being able to be bonded with Ruby ... :)

Yes that is true :) I wouldn't want him to get poorly when I was at work, at least if the rspca and their vets are looking after him then he is in good hands. And you are right the more he has healed the sooner I can bond them :) I'm just impatient

Aww, tough to weight when you are soo close! Hopefully he'll heal up quick and atleast you won't be the bad guy giving him icky meds ;)

Yes that is true :) I wouldn't want him to get poorly when I was at work, at least if the rspca and their vets are looking after him then he is in good hands. And you are right the more he has healed the sooner I can bond them :) I'm just impatient

Of course you are! I am always the same when waiting for a bun to arrive. They can't some soon enough for me :lol::lol:

I had a similar issue with fern when I adopted her - she got in a fight with other rabbit the day before I was due to collect her and had to have stitches etc so I wasn't able to take her home til she healed. They didn't actually tell me though so I went to collect her, carrier in hand and full of excitement and I was soooo disappointed! They then told me I could just pick another one instead if I wanted one straight away :shock:

So I can sympathise with ow you're feeling! Frustrating and exciting at the same time. Hope he comes home soon!

Oh no elmoandfern, that must have been so annoying for you and to say you could pick another, I think I would be quite angry. It's good that my local branch are keeping me up to date on his progress.

Glad too that I've not to give him meds, I find giving meds to bunnies quite stressful (for me rather than the bunnyn!!)

I enquiries about this particular rabbit back in movement but was waiting for my new hutch to be delivered, then it was christmas and I didn't actually get to reserve him until 27th december so it just seems so long since I first decided to have him! Well hopefully next week :)

Back