• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing coloured rabbit!!

xnaomix

Warren Scout
This is one of the kits from Wendy's litter, the colour of him/her is amazing!!!
c0911c25ac7d8c56944f337945e1a2c5.jpg
d5891dadf67bee02ac95902b4f29bc68.jpg
bcf3265cebc3c976c428aef59986aff9.jpg

Might have to keep [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure you should be handling a baby that young? I'm sure someone will confirm this for me?

Also I'm sure the others will also tell you to please not have any more babies, get your rabbits neutered for health and happiness. That is assuming that these babies were not an accident?...

You can hold rabbits from a few days old.. Pet rabbits are fine with the scent of humans on their young, it's wild rabbits you shouldn't touch, as for breeding! I'm a registered breeder that does it once or so a year so I personally don't see the problem!
If I wasn't careful with it and did it all the time with whatever I could fine then I would take your advice to not have anymore BUT I know exactly what I'm doing and am very sensible about it!!

Oh and just to add my rabbits are very healthy and if I choose to breed with one then it's only once then their neutered after and also vet checked before and after pregnancy! My rabbits vet is very nice and helpful and says I take very good care of my rabbits!

If you are a registered breeder, can I politely ask why you are breeding cross breeds? As a member of the BRC do you show your rabbits?

Oh and just to add my rabbits are very healthy and if I choose to breed with one then it's only once then their neutered after and also vet checked before and after pregnancy! My rabbits vet is very nice and helpful and says I take very good care of my rabbits!

Cutest little baby - :love:

I don't think the problem here is how you look after your buns - I'm sure they receive great care. But to be honest - just because someone is registered doesn't mean they automatically take good care of their animals - not saying that about you but it doesn't mean much if you get what I'm saying.

The main problem is breeding - even once a year. There are literally THOUSANDS of rabbits in rescues across the UK and you have potentially added to that. Do you home check the people who buy your rabbits? Do you follow up on them? Do you actually know what happens to your babies once they leave you? 6 of my 8 buns have come from 'homes' that didn't want them anymore - some were dumped, some were destined to be snake food - how do you know that won't happen to one of your babies?

I would so love to breed buns - man, I would love to see what a combination of Bobo and Harley would be like - but I wouldn't do it because of the situation with buns in rescues...if I want more buns - I will go to a rescue - or more than likely I will hear about a bun that needs re-homing from a difficult situation. It would be only to please ME if I bred buns - does no favours at all to any rabbit and they are what is important.

The only reason I registered was to get more info and stuff but it's what I already knew so was pretty pointless lol these rabbits wasn't planned anyway but il be keeping 2 and ones going to a friend so they have homes already!

You can hold rabbits from a few days old.. Pet rabbits are fine with the scent of humans on their young, it's wild rabbits you shouldn't touch, as for breeding! I'm a registered breeder that does it once or so a year so I personally don't see the problem!
If I wasn't careful with it and did it all the time with whatever I could fine then I would take your advice to not have anymore BUT I know exactly what I'm doing and am very sensible about it!!

This site in general doesn't promote breeding, there are 67,000 rabbits in rescues waiting for homes and breeding adds to the problem...

Also to me if you had an ''accidental'' litter that isn't responsible breeding at all...

The last litter from Sally (again wasn't planned) I have all the people on Facebook who brought on of her kits and see pictures of them regularly!
I deffo do not sell them to anyone, infact I turned 2 people away that came for one and said 'it's for my child, hopefully she won't get bored' 3 of them went to older couples and one to a family [emoji106] all look very well looked after aswell

the thing i never understand when people do this, is the potential risk you're putting the female bunny through. things can, and do, go wrong with pregnancy and birth, sometimes no matter how much vet care is involved. seems really unnecessary.

The last litter from Sally (again wasn't planned) I have all the people on Facebook who brought on of her kits and see pictures of them regularly!
I deffo do not sell them to anyone, infact I turned 2 people away that came for one and said 'it's for my child, hopefully she won't get bored' 3 of them went to older couples and one to a family [emoji106] all look very well looked after aswell

How can you be a responsible breeder if you have ''accidental'' litters....im sorry but thats not responsible...

Sally was going to have a litter with jasper anyway and it just happened abit earlier than I planned it too, responsible is them going to good homes, keeping intouch with their owners and making sure they have forever homes
If you would like me to go through it all I will do with pleasure because unfortunately you have no idea what I do and to me your making yourself so petty and daft [emoji106]

Why were you planning to let Sally and Jasper have a litter when they are cross breeds? I could understand more if they were pure bred.

I'm a bit mystified as to why some people are giving this poster the third degree.

We all know people on Rabbits United buy rabbits from pet shops, Pets at Home, and breeders.

It's one thing to have your say about the principle of bringing even more rabbits into the world when there are so many unwanted ones. I'm just surprised by the level of questioning in this particular case :?

For now, the bunnies are well, loved, safe and sound.......

So often the debate concerning breeding/ breeders/ rescue rabbits comes on the forum.

Lets try not to turn this innocent thread about this lovely baby bunny into anything other than that.

For now, the bunnies are well, loved, safe and sound.......

So often the debate concerning breeding/ breeders/ rescue rabbits comes on the forum.

Lets try not to turn this innocent thread about this lovely baby bunny into anything other than that.

Indeed Mrs B well said - play nicely guys

The baby does look a very pretty colour, what do mum and dad look like? She is similar to a rescue bun I had called Mina. <3
It is a shame that you are willy nilly breeding cross breeds, but you do seem determined...

Back