• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance (Pet Plan)

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
Hi all

Just a quick question, I have insurance for Dizzi and Rascal but have had to claim a couple of times (once for each bunny) resulting in the policy excess increasing on both of them ...... do the insurance comp just keep increasing it after every claim? Do they cap it at all? Because if not, at some point, it won't be worth having the insurance.

Thaaaaanks

They increase it claim or not. I have never claimed for Willow but it's gone up to 75!!

I don't think Pet Plan increase it with claims but the age of the bunny. I've got Elijah who is 5 for I've made 22 claims :shock: over the course of 4 years, his excess is £75 (which is in line with a 5 year old bunny) but some of my older bunnies who I've claimed less for have much higher excesses.

Ahhh right I just assumed it was because of the claims!! Well Dizzi and Rascal's excess is now £75, they're both 4 at the moment (5 in April), they're insurance is due for renewal in May.

Bunny Buddy, what's the high excess you have on a bun?

Thaaanks

Ahhh right I just assumed it was because of the claims!! Well Dizzi and Rascal's excess is now £75, they're both 4 at the moment (5 in April), they're insurance is due for renewal in May.

Bunny Buddy, what's the high excess you have on a bun?

Thaaanks

Erin (who is seven years) £182.23 premium plus £100 excess plus a further 20% of the bill! I was actually so shocked about that I made a thread about it. The £100 I can just about get my head around but 20% as well ????? I'm seriously considering not renewing when they get to 7 years if that's the deal. I have Dinky, also 7, insured with Pets at Home and her premium was £90, £75 excess and 10%. Initially the £75 plus 10% seemed high when taken out on young bunnies but I had no idea that Pet Plan's would increase so much each year.

... bearing in mind I have 16 rabbits insured, I'm tentatively breathing a sigh of relief that only the first 6 are with Pet Plan, I'm hoping that P@H excesses/premiums don't rise as steeply.

Last edited:
Blimey that is shocking!! They have us over a barrel really don't they! Not good!

I should shop around - there are much cheaper (and just as good) deals than PetPlan.

Of course it's difficult once you've claimed, as that will be excluded when/if you change insurers, but depending on circumstances, it could be worth it :thumb:

mabel excess was £75 last year and £75 for this year she only just turned 4years old in October her amount a month has gone upto 12.57

Back