• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunny holiday boarding - Herts / Beds border

RosemaryG

Warren Scout
Hi

Does anyone know who offers a holiday boarding service around Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire for indoor bunnies?

I have a bonded male / female pair who are indoor bunnies primarily but enjoy a supervised run out in the fresh air during the warmer weather. Dates I'm looking for are 22nd - 31st Aug 2015. Starting early as I expect places may be limited !

Thanks for any suggestions

I use Bunnydorm in St. Albans - Nic has an indoor room she uses for house rabbits or hutches in secure sheds and time in runs in the day for others. I recommend her :)

Hi all

Well it was, I thought I had found somewhere local as Nic at Bunnydorm was full, but I've been for a visit now and the accommodation is not now as advertised - large indoor rooms for indoor buns etc. All buns are now in large cages stacked 3 high in the owners garage and those who are short term boarders don't get any outside time either. Apparently, the pictures are of their previous house, they've recently moved and not updated the site.

Panicking now as I've only got a couple of weeks and worried about leaving our buns in a cage - all be it a fairly large one, hemmed in on all sides, but nowhere near the size of their indoor pen.

Anyone got any ideas or contacts? Beds / Herts in preference, from Sat 22nd to Mon 31st Aug, thanks

You could try the Rabbit Residence in Herts although I don't know how they are for indoor boarders, similarly Heathlands animal sanctuary in Royston offers small pet boarding. There's a place just over the Suffolk border at Sudbury which I think is called Cottontail Lodge or similar, they're supposed to be good too. No idea if anyone will have space at such late notice but it's worth a try I'd have thought!

I use Nutwood Bunnies. Jayne is lovely. Our bunnies have been holidaying with them for the past five years.

It's probably a bit too far away but Marilan.co.uk in Northampton have an upstairs bedroom set aside as their house bunny boarding room. They have two 6ft x 3ft hutches and the buns can come out and run around the room which is fully bunny-proofed. My boarder takes house bunnies but she's so popular that she's no longer taking on any new clients unfortunately.

You could try the Rabbit Residence in Herts although I don't know how they are for indoor boarders, similarly Heathlands animal sanctuary in Royston offers small pet boarding. There's a place just over the Suffolk border at Sudbury which I think is called Cottontail Lodge or similar, they're supposed to be good too. No idea if anyone will have space at such late notice but it's worth a try I'd have thought!

I think Caroline does the occasional inside boarding, worth asking rabbit_residence@hotmail.com
Otherwise they get a nice big hutch and aviary which will be fine in summer months

Back