• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

introducing just bonded rabbits to there new home

rachel3020

New Kit
How do I go about this? This week they have made so much progress! male grooming female lieing together eating together mostly in the kitchen and hall then kitchen hall and back passage, put them in their run earlier and all was fine getting on completely perfect. their new hutch they will be living in together is coming tomorrow (atm they are in separate hutches opposite each other) so do I put the hutch in the run so they can explore when they want or put them in it and watch :/ the run is on the grass and hutch will be on the patio..

Hi, try putting a thread in the behaviour and bonding section? I feel certain that you will get many more responses. Best of luck.

How do I go about this? This week they have made so much progress! male grooming female lieing together eating together mostly in the kitchen and hall then kitchen hall and back passage, put them in their run earlier and all was fine getting on completely perfect. their new hutch they will be living in together is coming tomorrow (atm they are in separate hutches opposite each other) so do I put the hutch in the run so they can explore when they want or put them in it and watch :/ the run is on the grass and hutch will be on the patio..

Are they still not together 24/7?

If they are not living full time together, please don't put them into a hutch before you know they will get on full time .. i.e. they are a bonded pair. Putting them suddenly into a much smaller space for a long period may cause them stress and cause them to aggravate each other xx

Yesturday morning we got them out and last night we kept them in passage way which is inside so we could keep an eye on them and they have been absolutely fine :) there going to be introduced to their hutch today just don't know how to do it best

Back