• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to all this and need help with rescue centres and bonding in Birmingham area.

Sam56-87

Warren Scout
Hi There :wave:,

This is my first post to the forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have been lurking on here since I got my first rabbit last November. I found all the advice/pictures so helpful on every topic.

I got my first rabbit, Minnie who is a 5 month old dutch rabbit last November. I am getting her spayed when she is 6 months then after giving her time for her hormones to settle I am researching the possibility of getting a friend for her.

My question is does anyone know any rescue centres that would bond at the centre near to the Birmingham area? I have tried googling this but I am struggling to find something. The RSPCA don't offer this service apparently. I have my reservations about doing it myself as I'm very new to all this and I work full time so wouldn't be able to look over them whilst bonding.

Thank you in advance
Sam

Hi Tammy Bunny

Thank you for your reply. It was a different branch of RSPCA that told me they couldn't do this but could just give advice. I will certainly message the Walsall branch then.

Thank you so much
Sam

Hi Sam.. Welcome!!

Nice to see you doing your bit and researching..

Good luck when a new bun comes along xxxxx

I would highly recommend rngpwelfare, I have spoken to her in the last two weeks about bonding my trio and she was so helpful and knowledgeable! All of the advise she gave me was brilliant and my buns are now getting on really really well! X

I think RSPCA Walsall offered a bonding service? I'm sure I saw it on their adoption fees page - it might be worth messaging them. I got my bonded pair from them and they did say that most of the people that adopt had bought their bunnies from a pet shop not knowing that they needed a friend.

https://www.facebook.com/rspca.walsall?ref=br_tf

They do, my bunny is currently being bonded by one of their staff - they are really helpful :wave:

Me and my partner just bonded our bunny with a rescue bunny, it was the first time for us as well and we both work full time! It was a bit daunting at first but i couldnt have let someone else do it. We were able to bring Hugo to live with us on a home trial until he was bonded with our Heidi and didnt adopt him until the bond was complete. We just contacted the rescue if we had any questions throughout the bond and they were really helpful :)

It was a bit tricky at first with Heidi being so domimant and grumpy and Hugo being so nervous of everything but once we realised we had to just let them sort out their differences themselves and stop getting involved in every little scrap it went a lot better and they became friends in no time :)

The most stressful bit was probably when we first brought him home and had to give them equal time out of their cages. Suddenly we were getting half the time we usually spent with Heidi and that was hard.

What im trying to say is dont think you cant do it just because you havent done it before.

Last edited:
Back