• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neville and Florence :)

Jesselle

Mama Doe
I haven't updated on my little buns in a while due to preparing for a baby etc etc.

The pair are very happy together and have now settled nicely onto the landing (the pet room is now a nursery!)

Florence has really begun to come out of her shell this this past month. It's taken her a 3 months to relax and she now runs over when she sees me (for food!), hand feeds and accepts nose rubs. She's also venturing from their little base and exploring with Neville. She's quite a clever bunny - she's learning her name and will come for 'dinner' and stand on her back legs when she hears 'up!' Combined with hand movements' :)

Her digestion improved a lot after moving from excel to protexin pellets and feeding dried plantain. She also munches a lot more hay now! She's not quite 'normal' and I still suspect megacolon. Now that she's lost all the rolls (bless her!), she's actually quite trim and possibly too bony. Maybe lack of muscle due to a sedentary lifestyle or just megacolon loss of condition which I believe can go up and down! My vet isn't too concerned as she is healthy, but she'd like her to gain some healthy weight.

Here are some pics :)

Flo before:

After:

With a bunny baby rattle!

Neville loves the nursery and is allowed in to explore and binky!

What I wake up to :)

Lovely bunnies :) and photos!
Good luck with the arrival, this time last year that was me!xx

Nice to see your sweeties again. Florence really has lost weight (wish I could)! They are both looking as lovely as ever. When is your baby due?

Nice to see your sweeties again. Florence really has lost weight (wish I could)! They are both looking as lovely as ever. When is your baby due?

13th feb - bunny boarder is on standby to collect them when needed, I feel more comfortable that they go there and are looked after 24/7 whilst I'm out of action.

Flo really has lost all the fat - even though she was chubby before, she was still bony if that makes sense? Think she just needs time to gain some condition. She's much brighter-eyed though and more agile and she just seems healthier and happier than when she first arrived :)

Ah! 13th February is my birthday too! :D You've done a great job with Florence. So pleased they are happy together and good luck for The Day xx

Back