• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

timmy has not used his litter tray ONCE in a whole week!

moi

Mama Doe
He chooses to poo and pee in a corner of his run. I've put a tray there but its a nightmare to clean out. His litter tray has his hay in and there was not one single poo or wee. X

I have the same problem! Kenna poops in her tray and sometimes pees in it but the rest of the time she poops everywhere!
Luckily so far she has only been peeing in her cage but she is still not peeing in her tray all the time .

As they say - you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink - and you can provide a bun with umpteen litter trays but still they won't use them :cry:

Prudhoe has finally figured out that he needs to jump into the litter tray for a pee...but he prefers to go to the corner of the tray that is up against the corner of their pen and put his bum over the edge of the tray and pee on the floor and not into the tray itself :evil: - I've told his wife that she needs to get her husbuns toilet habits in order but she thinks I'm saying 'do you want a treat?' :lol:

Sorry - not helpful at all - but I do sympathise!

He chooses to poo and pee in a corner of his run. I've put a tray there but its a nightmare to clean out. His litter tray has his hay in and there was not one single poo or wee. X

Perhaps he wants to keep his hay tray for eating only. I have a rabbit like that. A law unto himself! Huh :roll:

Fortunately Mimi only does her business *in the cage*, however, what was intended to be her litter box in the corner of the cage she decided was her bed LOL

I spose at least he dont pee on his hay. But the run is starting to smell even though I clean it :(

My Frankie bun has always point blank refused to use a litter tray. She tosses it aside so she can pee and poop in the corner. I think I even tried putting her poop in it to make it smell like her but she still throws it aside. She is on newspaper on top of lino in the conservatory, the only thing I could do is put shavings in that corner down to stop her soaking through as quick.

Ive blocked him going outside for a little while while I gave it a good going over, prob is I used the wrong cleaner, thought it was my disenfectant spray but it was one with bleach in... ooops! So Im letting the rain give it a good rinse before I let him bqack out again. But guess what hes done??? Poo'd in the litter tray :) I may block off the pooing corner with some puppy panels x

Back