• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mice and Floors

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Anyone remember me?? Sorry for radio silence. Ted and Little say hello to all your buns. I am very very tired so I'll keep this brief. There are mice in my house, I love them but they've got to go as they're filthy and keeping me awake and spooking Little. I know lots of people says these don't work but I'm going to try humane trapping as s first port of call. In the meantime, can anyone recommend what I can mop my floorboards with? I'm thinking hot water and bleach but could it leave a residue and poison the buns? You know what Little's like!

Ttfn x

Hello! :wave:

Dilute Milton is a much better option than bleach as it still kills 99.9% of germs.

There was a 'missing ruers' thread recently and you were one of the people who was missed.
Its lovely to see Little (x) and Ted again.

Hope you get your mice sorted. Many years ago we regularly used humane traps and drove the mice many miles away. In the end we got a cat.

Aww I missed seeing these cuties :love:

One thing you could try is getting some used cat litter (if you don't have a cat then borrow a 'dirty' litter tray from a friend's cat) and place it in the corners of the room, anywhere where you think mice might be coming in. Apparently the mice are supposed to smell the cat's wee/poop and it puts them off entering the house. I've done this before and it seemed to work as the mice haven't returned!

I am so so so touched that you guys missed me!!! My plan with the mice is to catch them and take them over the river (I live by the thames). I think even they won't be able to find their way back from there.

Since I last spoke to you all Little has been fairly tame. She's only eaten four Pringles and some Reece's cups (don't ask). Ted continues to be sweet and wonderful. Little's eating my hair as we speak. She says hi.

X

Yay!! You're back! There was a thread about missing RUers a few days ago and I said I missed hearing about Little! :)

Yikes, good luck! Remember that you have to be super thorough blocking up their access holes or no matter how many mice you take away, more will come in. They can get through a hole slihtly larger than the fatness of a pencil!

Back