• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Student Questionnaire - please help!

I am a veterinary student and would be really grateful if you could fill out this questionnaire about your rabbit's diet to help me with my second year research project - it should take about 4 minutes to complete.

www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/47ea660

If you have more than one rabbit, it would be great if you could complete one questionnaire for each animal, however if you only feel able to complete the questionnaire once, this would still be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I've completed this for you in respect of both of our rabbits. I did however have some problems with the question about access to an outside run.

Ours are house rabbits and have the run of the ground floor. In summer, weather permitting, they are out in their garden run every day when one of us is at home, though obviously in the colder half of the year they don't go out at all. This situation was not really covered in your questionnaire.

I've completed this for you in respect of both of our rabbits. I did however have some problems with the question about access to an outside run.

Ours are house rabbits and have the run of the ground floor. In summer, weather permitting, they are out in their garden run every day when one of us is at home, though obviously in the colder half of the year they don't go out at all. This situation was not really covered in your questionnaire.

I think there is space at the bottom of the questionnaire for comments.

Done for my guys :wave:

Not sure grass and leafy veggies should be lumped together like that though as they are very different in a dietary sense. Grass is interchangeable with hay (although it is harder to provide enough fresh grass) and a requirement for a healthy bun with good dental health, whereas veggies are not!

Done for my guys :wave:

Not sure grass and leafy veggies should be lumped together like that though as they are very different in a dietary sense. Grass is interchangeable with hay (although it is harder to provide enough fresh grass) and a requirement for a healthy bun with good dental health, whereas veggies are not!

Excellent point.

Hmm, I'm trying but your questionnaire is really poor. I have four rabbits. Rabbits aren't necessarily kept in hutches. And 'put 0 in the boxes' was very annoying.

Without wishing to seem unfriendly, it might have been a good idea to find out a bit about rabbits, and how they are kept, before writing your questionnaire.

Hmm, I'm trying but your questionnaire is really poor. I have four rabbits. Rabbits aren't necessarily kept in hutches. And 'put 0 in the boxes' was very annoying.

Without wishing to seem unfriendly, it might have been a good idea to find out a bit about rabbits, and how they are kept, before writing your questionnaire.

To be fair outside of this forum hutches and cages are the norm. I just ticked the indoor cage option and explained the fact that I don't actually own any cages in the comment box, which I then copied so I could paste it into the next one :lol:

The 0's were annoying but even so it took me less than 2 mins to fill in the whole questionnaire! So not too bad.

I've answered for my three and it didn't take that long. Had to put about vaccination visits in the comments section though as they aren't a problem.

I have answered three times. It might have been good to ask how many rabbits you have, for example my pair live together and so their diet is the same and any variation in vet history could've been indicated on the same form. :D

It looked like two of them never go to the vet but they just haven't had any issues yet touch wood. They obviously go for vaccinations and check ups.

I do agree that grass and leafy veg should be split up as grass can replace hay to some extent however veg shouldn't impede on hay intake. I also do not have a hutch for my rabbits - they have a shed. Something to bare in mind for the future. Something my friends found when carrying out similar questionnaires for their degrees was that owners were sometimes unwilling to fill in questionnaires if any question/lack of question made them look like bad owners. Filled it out twice for my two :D

I filed it out for my two. I had the same issue as Anybun about indoor rabbits with access to outdoors in warmer weather. Added this to the comments section though.

Done for mine... :wave: more spaces to write within each section would have been good.. as all Buns have very specific habits and housing / diet needs.. including the healthy one's :)

Back