• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ikea Torva Giant Carrot Toy

Miss Binky Bunny

Alpha Buck
Not sure if this should be in behaviour or chat, but bun keeps biting, mounting and humping hers. We got her one for Christmas. She's only a small bun so the giant alien carrot is 1 and half times her size, but she has never attacked and humped my velvety bolster cushion which has a similar texture. In fact she loves to chin and lick that, so been taken by surprise at her treatment of Mr Carrot. Apart from the occasional lick, she mounts and bites it daily and it's been like this for almost 2 weeks!!! Anyone else hve one for their bun, or have any ideas about this?

no advice I'm afraid but i googled the toy and was somewhat overawed - that's one enormous carrot!

How old is your bunny and is she neutered?

If not it could been that her hormones are finally kicking it and she is directing her affections onto Mr Carrot.
It would be advised for both behavioural and health reasons to get her neutered.

Thanks for the suggestion SG. She's been neutered for almost nearly a year though, so it isn't that. I'm almost sure it's a dominance thing, though why on earth she feels the need to dominate a giant carrot, I have no idea... :(

Back