• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just in case I was in any doubt - rabbits rule my life!

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I've realised somewhat belatedly just what an influence 8 buns have had on my life!

They have dicatated where I live - it had to be in Maidstone next to Trinity Vets.
The size house we bought had to big enough to house 8 buns - I would have been just as happy in a smaller house.
The placement of the satellite dish was so they wouldn't be overly disturbed by 10 minutes of drilling:roll:.

And now they are a huge influence on the type of dog my huspand and I are thinking of getting - we can't have big dogs as the house is a bit too small, so it has to be little dogs. But little dogs like terriers were originally bred to be ratters or hunters etc and I don't think that instinct has left them (from personal observations) - so it had to be a toy breed which are not necessarily what I would have gone for.

So because of the buns we are having to get 2 little Shitzu's (oh the hardship :lol:)...as puppies so we can train them that the buns are quite high up members of their 'pack'. Not quite sure what the buns will think about this addition to the household - but I'm sure they will make their feelings quite clear at the time...:lol:...and will be very rudely ignored!

Oh, I know just what you mean; we're thinking of getting a dog again, just thinking right now, one about six months to a year, and it has to either be used to rabbits or young enough to train to be good with Amy (I kinda want a girl dog thus time, and one medium sized, but we'll wait and see).

They're a lifestyle choice aren't they :lol: I jokingly say I'm enslaved by my pets lol

Good luck with your new additions, shih tzu's are great dogs and very adorable!

Terriers are certainly more likely to go after small animals but not all do, our yorkie Riley doesn't have any prey drive. Her brother though definitely does, even towards ducks that are bigger than him. I don't trust him with anything but cats, which oddly he's fine with. Of course it's all just chance so I can understand why you couldn't get terriers:)

Back