• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10 week buns and veg

joybell

Warren Scout
Hi, I have 7 ten week old buns, just separated into boys and girls. The girls are in same enclosure as mum. When I try and feed mum her veggies the babies run out and dive on them as well. I try and shoo them away. will a tiny amount of say parsley be ok for them, to divert their attention whilst mum eats up. Also they are on free junior excel pellets, should I start limiting them yet. Any advice would be wonderful;)

Hi there. I have always let my babies eat the same as Mum and never had a problem. :) KI wouldn't restrict them just yet just make sure they have a wide variety of food, eg grass, veg (always washed), pellets, herbs and the all important hay. You can also give them Readigrass.

It should be OK but I don't give younger buns any veg until they are 4 months and I know some people wait until 6 months. Keep an eye on their poos and appetites.

Thank you for your views. I already give them readigrass and loads of hay. No fresh grass, with all the rain their enclosure looks like a quagmire! I'll try tiny amount of herbs but maybe leave off the veg a bit longer. I wonder what young bunnies eat in the wild at their age - they must eat what mum eats which would be grass and anything in the hedgerows. :)

Back