• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No sage for the bunnies this year

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've been waiting for my new half plot which is attached to my current half to be cleared as the people are moving to a new plot. This wasn't what I was expecting to find on my existing half when I went up there this afternoon to add bunny waste to the compost.

I'm really quite annoyed by it but there is no point saying much. They've also damaged the rosemary bush next to it as if they've had a go at trying to accidentally-on-purpose knock that over too, but that's younger and more flexible so hasn't snapped at the base like the sage has.

Anyone know where I can buy a mature sage bush?! :(

Nice :roll: Maybe try freeads/facebook local selling see if anyones clearing their garden - although most people probably ignoring outside this time of year.

After having a chat with dad and having another look at my allotment planner i've decided to move the herbs. The other two are rosemary and lavender and the only one they eat is rosemary and that's only Mini and only a small amount. Someone mentioned about taking cuttings so I'm going to do that and also put some fennel in along my boundary. The rosemary and lavender I'll atempt to dig up (the soil is quite compacted there) and bring home.

Still means they won't get much, if any, next year but hopefully in time there'll be a nice supply there.

Just such a waste, the bees love it, the bunnies love it. All because someone was careless (or vindictive, I haven't worked out which yet).

I'd definitely take cuttings but also try replanting it, it looks like it has frost on the roots? But you never know, some plants will take a real battering and still survive. Is maybe worth a try?

I'd definitely take cuttings but also try replanting it, it looks like it has frost on the roots? But you never know, some plants will take a real battering and still survive. Is maybe worth a try?
I agree: it's got two chances! A lot of people just don't have a clue about, well, anything: our roofers were happily stacking ladders all over our strawberries! And they broke loads of little pots. If the clearance was done by someone who's not into gardening at all, just 'clearing', they probably didn't even notice it had fallen over.

I think that's some sort of mildewy thing cos we didn't have a frost yesterday, it seems to get it every year but it doesn't affect it.

I would think that keletkezes but it's not the first thing that's happened. Maybe they really are clueless but it's getting irritating. They're gone now though so should be hard for them to make more hassle! Ordered my fruit bushes yesterday :D

Back