• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could you do this year to promote /help rabbit welfare?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
For me, I will (hopefully) have a stand at a local fete(s) to raise money for RWA and PaP and chat to fellow bunny owners an hopefully to prospective owners too.

Just one small thing anyone can do can help....

Anyone with ideas , ideally to be acted upon.......

I tell everyone how amazing rabbits are, tell them how much space they need and the care they need, and anyone who comes to the house gets to meet Boots and the rest of the menagerie :thumb: I also tell everyone all about BARC and the amazing work they do. I enjoyed helping out at their open day too ( and ended up adopting Boots :lol:) I also tell people how important it is to vaccinate

Unashamedly bumping this up.

Come one folks......what would you like to do and hopefully would do to improve the welfare of rabbits. Only two replies so far.......this is a bunny forum. :thumb::thumb:

Maybe we could all pledge to get one new person to sign up to RU.. not too much work but a great way to expose them to lots of education.

I'm going to put some more work into Rabbit Rehome - making it mobile friendly and start plugging the rabbits on twitter and facebook so more people see adoptable bunnies.

And I'm going to finish my next book, probably :lol:

I'm going to be upping my donation to PAP soon, and keep an eye out for bargains to donate to auctions. Already got a few things :lol:

I've been assisting a friend with any problems with her bunny, and any bunnies at the farm she works at. She would like me to go over and have a look and advise, but unfortunately I'm too scared to take the risk with Nena still unable to be vaccinated :(

I'm going to have a think about what else I can do. I'm working now instead of studying, so I can help out more with money so I should hopefully be buying more things from people on here and on PAP auctions etc!

I'll be espousing the trials of bunny ownership to all my mates and everyone else I meet, at least partly via the medium of Internet! Might start a series of bunny related posts called 'have you considered...?' somewhere.

Just continuing to run my UK Rabbit Group Facebook page and holding some giveaways to try and bring more people in and educate!

Carrying on helping Rabbit Residence, already helping with their Facebook page and run their Twitter and Instagram. There are plans to revamp their main website and youtube too, especially with lots of care guides/care videos!

Out in the real work I do their events, from the last 2 years of experience, I need to up my game and do something different as standing in an empty pet shop being ignored or setting up at a poorly-planned fete or fair was not a good use of time and resources!!

I'll be espousing the trials of bunny ownership to all my mates and everyone else I meet, at least partly via the medium of Internet!

Same here. I often share info on good bunny care info on Facebook too. I found a great video to share today. Its done by the runaround guys I think and the beginning is really sad. :(

I'm going to be doing some more videos promoting rabbit care and welfare on my youtube channel and hopefully selling some rabbit/guinea pig fleece items to raise money to donate to rescues

Hoping to:
Continue with All Ears, and talk to lots more people about their experiences with bunnies
Learn more from Waffles and DP
See how the Sheffield Hopper Group develops and hopefully do more stalls/instore awareness stuff
Write to local animal park with some suggestions...

OK, so I've had a really good think about this:

Yesterday i made a list of what i can do.
Today I've emailed the rescue where Arthur came from with his success story and photos to put on their website.
Today I've also filled in and submitted the RWAF form about wanting to get more involved.
Tomorrow I'm going to take my RWAF leaflets to work to pass on to a colleague who has a rabbit.
I am going to write to a local pet shop about their inadequate hutches.
I am going to write to the RSPCA and urge them to make a TV advert to highlight the rabbit crisis.
I am going to plan an assembly for pupils and parents at the school I work at to give welfare messages.
I am going to write to the local paper and ask them to do an article at Easter about not giving pet rabbits as presents.

I am looking forward to actually doing something to hopefully make a difference. :)

When my website is up and running for my boarding I will have links to adoption centres in the local area, and a rabbit welfare section. I will have the RWAF linked and You tube vids showing binkies and happy buns in good accommodation. Once my boarding is set up I will hopefully be able to foster and help the local RSPCA with housing unwanted buns.
That's all I can think of for now but I am sure there will be more.....

I am looking forward to actually doing something to hopefully make a difference. :)

Awesome! Sometimes it's the individuals doing lots of little things that can really add up to making a difference :D Let us know how you get on :)

Recently received an order of 100 RWAF leaflets and other information to share with several 'establishments' in my area.. including the one my buns came from... I caught them just as they were about to be sent off as 'surplus to trade' .. I have developed an understanding with the garden-centre's owners daughter (a family business), so to encourage the premises to reduce / stop their rabbit trading.. promote better housing... feed, health care.. etc, small steps.. all grass roots..on the ground, so to speak. Am building on this X

This is a lovely thread :) You are all doing fab stuff :)

I will just be doing the usual PaP stuff. I have been having a bit of a time out over the holidays so I need to get back into the fundraising and auction item buying.

Back