• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fitch bedding price increase

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
the price has gone up again. £19.99 now for a single 20kg bale. when it went from £17.49 to £17.99 last year that wasn't too bad, but £2 increase now aswell :?

mind you, it's popular now and they know most people will pay that. i just did anyway :roll::lol:

I pay £8.25 as I collect it. But I'm sure it was £7.50 last year. I wish they would put it in thicker bags too as I always have to transfer it to an old hay bag otherwise it ends up ripping and leaving a trail everywhere.

I pay £8.25 as I collect it. But I'm sure it was £7.50 last year. I wish they would put it in thicker bags too as I always have to transfer it to an old hay bag otherwise it ends up ripping and leaving a trail everywhere.

the couriers always struggle with the bags. alot of the time they've had to re-tape them because they've split.

I still have a full bag from when we used it in Poppy's litter tray, but don't use it with the others.
The bag is my main gripe too, especially if the price is going up, I mean fair enough I think it's still a decent price but I never got through it very fast when I was using it. It's currently sitting in the rabbit room on a table but I daren't move it because I've already put several holes in it just by trying to slide it out of the way!

The bag I had before this one arrived in 3 bin bags and a whole load of duct tape, I presume from the courier being kind enough to make sure I didn't lose any more Fitch! (There was a fair amount missing from one of the corners!)

£18.99 start of October when we got some. Am halfway through it, maybe more, I'd say. That it's gone up already in price is not welcome news.

It's still loads cheaper than carefresh which is what I use when I run out in an emergency. That's £20 a bag from p@h and one bag will only do one level of my hutches!

it might be the courier prices that have gone up again but they've not said why on the site. i use about two bags a month.

I ordered a 20kg bale direct from Fitch on Thursday and noticed the price increase. It's even more if you buy it via Amazon - think it was £21.99 :shock:. I don't have a choice though as Jaffa pig seems to have developed an allergy to dusty hay and only does well on Fitch. Fleece is just too smelly but Fitch does a great job of absorbing wee (which piggies do EVERYWHERE :roll:) and keeping pong to a minimum.

I ordered a 20kg bale direct from Fitch on Thursday and noticed the price increase. It's even more if you buy it via Amazon - think it was £21.99 :shock:. I don't have a choice though as Jaffa pig seems to have developed an allergy to dusty hay and only does well on Fitch. Fleece is just too smelly but Fitch does a great job of absorbing wee (which piggies do EVERYWHERE :roll:) and keeping pong to a minimum.

i've been having to use it more in the piggy cage at the moment because i can't get all their fleece/bedpads/towels dry in time. and these things have to be changed so much. it's doing my head in at the moment because nothing is drying well at all. :evil:

still waiting on mine to be sent out. they must be behind after xmas and new year because they're usually very quick. fingers crossed it comes tomorrow!

I love Fitch and it's lasted me well. Now with the increase in price and another bun in the house, I have to consider if I can try something cheaper. I came across a nearby(ish) supplier of Megazorb and something called NewsLitter that the place can get from their wholesalers. Both are cheaper than Fitch but I'm concerned about the dust aspect and smell of Megazorb. Been getting huge allergic reactions to the new bunnys' (hay? Or the additional pet dander from having 2 house buns??) I can find nothing about NewsLitter bedding anywhere. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about NewsLitter - it's a paper based horse bedding, or knows of somewhere where I can get a sample of Megazorb from?

I love Fitch and it's lasted me well. Now with the increase in price and another bun in the house, I have to consider if I can try something cheaper. I came across a nearby(ish) supplier of Megazorb and something called NewsLitter that the place can get from their wholesalers. Both are cheaper than Fitch but I'm concerned about the dust aspect and smell of Megazorb. Been getting huge allergic reactions to the new bunnys' (hay? Or the additional pet dander from having 2 house buns??) I can find nothing about NewsLitter bedding anywhere. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about NewsLitter - it's a paper based horse bedding, or knows of somewhere where I can get a sample of Megazorb from?

Have you tried aubiose? Available from most equine supply places. I pay £10 for huge bag. It's my fave litter out of all I've tried (carefresh, Fitch, megazorb, wood pellet)

I find megazorb really smelly but again if you want to see that I'd go to equine supply as well, not sure you'll be able to get a sample though.

Back