• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Rabbits Dont Mate in the Winter'.....................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.......apparently. That is what I have just been told having sent a 'polite' message to a Gumtree advertiser :roll:

They only mate in the dark as well so as long as they put a light on the cage.... :roll:

When will people stop being idiots? Rabbits are famous for mating, it's kinda what they do best!!!

No they prefer to get 'frisky' when the sunloungers are out and the pina coladas are served....

What are some people on???

If they're talking about wild rabbits, they're actually quite right, but only because rabbits are induced ovulaters and females stay well away from the males at the times of year they don't want to be breeding. Bit harder for them to do that when they're popped into a cage together...

.......apparently. That is what I have just been told having sent a 'polite' message to a Gumtree advertiser :roll:

Perhaps remind them that the furst births take place in february usually hence seeing the babies out and about in early to mid march. So if you count back the weeks mating happens when?????? My peapod is carrying hay around to make a nest and he is a hopeful castrated male!!! Some of the others have alreadt started getting frisky as well

My peapod is carrying hay around to make a nest and he is a hopeful castrated male!!!

aww. it always makes me a little sad when mine do that. they are all four neutered but sometimes they still start to think they might try.

Heavens above! :shock: All through December my 11 year old castrated male has been 'mating' pretty much non stop with his spayed wife. Maybe he is doing it to keep warm but if a neutered rabbit can do it, so can the entire ones.

Heavens above! :shock: All through December my 11 year old castrated male has been 'mating' pretty much non stop with his spayed wife. Maybe he is doing it to keep warm but if a neutered rabbit can do it, so can the entire ones.

yes spring fever even hits the neutered/speyed bunnies from now onwards they are worse for it :shock:

Wow!! If rabbits don't mate in the winter my Sugar needed to be told that, when she was spayed the vets exacts words were 'She's very very ready to do what a female rabbit does best!'

Back