• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Black bunny thread - share your pictures

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
I know that these threads get made quite often but I thought it would be nice to make another one for 2015. Plus I just love seeing everyone's bunnies :love: :wave:

Lily was my first black bunny, although strictly speaking she is not all black. Lily is a black otter lionhead, so she has a white belly as well as other colours in her feet.
Unfortunately Lily isn't from a rescue, I got her before my time on RU and before I was fully aware of rescues and all that. I got Lily in August 2011. But I love her
very much regardless :love:

15519995275_8d896f4af4.jpg

14367643584_f1b799b0d1.jpg

I have one pure black bunny - that being Livio. He is a lop of some sort, quite a small one as he is only 2.1kg. I adopted him From Cottontails Rabbit Rescue in October 2014
as a friend for my Lily after Flopsy passed away and she was left alone. You can read about Livio if you click on his hyper-linked name down in my signature; that will
take you to his page at the rescue.

16167193575_c7872a1ecd.jpg

15177102424_bf22701803.jpg

Share away with your black bunnies (past/present) :wave:

Here are my two, pippin the little black Nethie, and Mavis my lovely English giant (excuse the photobombing white bunny.... Maybe I'll start a while bunny thread so she doesn't feel left out :lol:)
6cc80c8b87545c4af3aa05e23baf8f18_zps84f5719c.jpg

Why don't people like black bunnies?? I always hear that they're the hardest to rehome - I'm genuinely confused!!

Why don't people like black bunnies?? I always hear that they're the hardest to rehome - I'm genuinely confused!!

It's the same with black cats and dogs as well apparently. I don't understand why either, I have a black cat and she's gorgeous. There was an article a few months ago saying they were struggling to rehome black animals because they don't photograph as well in selfies :(

Times like this make me wish I had some pictures of my old lop eared black bunnies, Curious and Quiet to post. Some of the pictures on this thread really remind me of them, it's nice recalling the memories. :)

It's the same with black cats and dogs as well apparently. I don't understand why either, I have a black cat and she's gorgeous. There was an article a few months ago saying they were struggling to rehome black animals because they don't photograph as well in selfies :(

They shouldn't be allowed to rehome them anyway if it's only for a selfie :evil:

Beautiful blAck bunnies everyone. They are one of my favourite colours, I cannot see why they are often overlooked in rescues

They shouldn't be allowed to rehome them anyway if it's only for a selfie :evil:

Agreed!

I don't think that's the reason though, black pets were overlooked before the stupid selfie phenomenon. I think some people think they're boring :shock: well I think their narrow mindedness is boring! :lol:

My boy, Blackavar with his wifeybun:
2c4067b718130c58d3aa0565afd29a90.jpg

Mercifully, a black bun hasn't been a "star" in a childrens' TV programme recently, that's why they aren't popular ..... :roll:

Anyhow, they are gorgeous with beautiful shiny coats :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercifully, a black bun hasn't been a "star" in a childrens' TV programme recently..... :roll:

Anyhow, they are gorgeous with beautiful shiny coats :love:

And where's Hector to prove it? *looks grumpy and stamps foot* :lol:

And where's Hector to prove it? *looks grumpy and stamps foot* :lol:

Awwww!!

This appears to represent what he thinks of the "black bunnies aren't beautiful" argument!! He's bored of those stupid people!!

Last edited:
Awwww!!

This appears to represent what he thinks of the "black bunnies aren't beautiful" argument!! He's bored of those stupid people!!

That's better! :lol:

You look lovely and comfy there Hector, can I come and snuggle up beside you instead of sitting at work?

Back