• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

an awful end to 2014/start of 2015

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Yesterday we had to have Pumpkin pts after she had a sudden turn for the worse with the cancer - lost use of her legs and then began to loose continence and everything,

then yesterday evening as we were sorting out things in her group and re-intriducing her companion (Mulberry) who has been with her rather than in the group for the last few weeks, (but was still bonded as they are a strong and long standing group) we noticed he was breathing very 'heavily' - so had to rush him to an emergency vet (New Years Eve . .. ).

Mulberry was 9 years old a a big boy (almost 4 kilos in his prime) so I suspected heart at once as there was no wheezing or discharge and I have seen heart failure like that before.

The emergency vet wasnt that great at diagnostics tbh (though very kind) and said probably pneumonia but she couldnt hear any wheezing just the lungs werent working fully - said heart was slow but she 'didnt know why' :roll: - gave him abx injection and we brought home to nurse. This morning Steve picked him up to medicate and Mulberry gave one small kick and passed away. At least it was quick.

He was our last link to Sage and Bluebell his previous partners - Sage was special needs and the most amazing rabbit who went several years ago,, and Bluebell our big blue Vienna Blue who passed away a year ago. maybe he just couldnt face loosing another one?

Following all the losses in the last 18 months we are now down from 36 to 29. It feels empty here.

We are telling ourselves that really he 'went' with Pumpkin yesterday - cannot bear to think 2015 has started on day one with a loss already. We will bury them together later today.

What a horrible start.. binky free little ones.....:cry:

I hope the rest of the year improves, thats a sore one to take on the first day.

Love
Fee x

I'm so sorry - what a horrid end and start to a new year. Binky-free little ones. Sending a big hug to you. Xx

How awful for you Parsnipbun. I'm so sorry for you losses. May Pumpkin and Mulberry binky free happily together over the rainbow bridge. Hugs x

I am so sorry Twigs :cry: I know what you mean about home feeling 'empty' after several losses :cry:

RIP Pumpkin and Mulberry xx

Sorry for your sad start to 2015. Binky free Pumpkin and Mulberry. Give nose rubs to Sage and Bluebell for your mummy x

How awful :( I'm so sorry for your losses, it's never nice but particularly horrible around Christmas/the start of a new year.

Binky free Pumpkin and Mulberry xx

So so sorry for your losses - what a horrible way to end the year
Hope 2015 is much better
Binky free pumpkin and mulberry xx

Back