• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a breed you keep your eye out for?

Sort of. Dutchie caught my eye because his breed and colour matched Bella and Chloe I wasnt really looking for another one

Evie I was looking for a bun and again she was the one because her pattern matched Albert and she was local

I wouldn't know enough about different breeds to be able to tell which one a rabbit was :oops: (unless it was a really obvious breed like a rex or dutch!)

I'd love a REW and I always seem to see them in rescues, just never see them at the right time! :(

I'm not currently looking for any bun, but there are a few breeds I love the look of that, if I ever come across at a time where I am looking for more buns, and so long as their personality is suitable, I would probably get. If that makes sense?

Black and tan. Though I wouldn't have space if I found one just now.

I waited four years for a magpie harlequin mini lop.:love:

I've also craved a black and white butterfly dwarf lop, I will find one one day.

Either a Dutch rabbit, a Belgian hare. Although just recently I've seen a little agouti dwarf Fox rabbit I've seen on a breeders website that is super cute. I love wildies too they have the sweetest faces.

Last edited:
I've got to admit, since missing out on one years ago, that either a Flemish Giant or a harlequin lop (and female please) would just about complete me...but as I've sworn to no more rabbits after these it is a forlorn hope.
I also didn't realize the amazing personality that the rex/minirex bunnies have and I should've had one or more long before now. :)

But honestly, if I could adopt more and give them lovely lives, any bunny would do. :love:

Not any breeds specifically, I go for markings. I love butterfly lops, especially ones that aren't perfect (just like my Tapla!). I really want a black and white or a blonde and white one :love: I love seal point or any point bunnies, black and white, blue, chocolate brown, white lops, and all types of harlequins :love: I love bunnies with mismatched eyes or silly mixes like lop eared dutches. I really love lops more than uppy eared :oops: And I do love helicopter eared bunnies!

Not any breeds specifically, I go for markings. I love butterfly lops, especially ones that aren't perfect (just like my Tapla!). I really want a black and white or a blonde and white one :love: I love seal point or any point bunnies, black and white, blue, chocolate brown, white lops, and all types of harlequins :love: I love bunnies with mismatched eyes or silly mixes like lop eared dutches. I really love lops more than uppy eared :oops: And I do love helicopter eared bunnies!

Oh, I forgot seal point, also smoke pearl... Though I would say dwarf lop is my favourite breed I realised in the last few days that although my older bunnies are all dwarf lops (8 bunnies), since Barnaby (8 bunnies) none are dwarf lops, though a few are mini lops.

Last edited:

Ah you go for the same as me. Doughnut is a butterfly mini lop but it was pointed out she wasn't perfect early on. I soon found that out!!

Harlequins are beautiful and I think helicopter ears are super cute! I originally wanted a seal point or a black mini lop, didn't want a "patterned" one when I had no knowledge of rabbits. Now I think how pretty they are.

I've always wanted a teeny tiny baby nethie :oops: I almost got a young nethie lad earlier in the year but sadly the bond didn't work out :( luckily he was adopted by a lovely member on here so I know he is safe and happy. :love:

I love the splodgy ones/mis-marked dutches with big patches...

rabbit_35784_2.jpg

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=35784

rabbit_31977.jpg

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=31977

The thrianta are pretty gorgeous too!

Well I love all bunny breeds but I do keep an eye out for thrianta because they're rare, one of my favorites and I'd like to know where to find one!

ETA: I didn't see the 'in rescue' part, I was referring to breeders and free ads. I hardly ever look at rescue sites, we don't really have rabbit rescues around here. But even if we did, I wouldn't wait to get a breed I really wanted, if it's that rare (like thrianta) then it'll get snatched up quickly anyway, so you might as well just go to a responsible breeder instead. It isn't like a rare breed is going to be sitting in a rescue space for a long time.

Last edited:
I've always wanted a dutch. Inquired about one a few months back when Meg needed a new partner but the rescue didn't get back to me so went to another and found Otis ( frosty point lop) :) . Maybe next time.

I love all bunnies, but I have a massive soft spot for lops and lionheads. Any white rabbit with black eyes and ears reminds of Badger & Dexter so they'll always be my favourite colour.

I love REW, BEW, black, wildies and chinchilla coloured. I'd also like a dutch in every colour :oops::lol: Himalayan bunnies are gorgeous too.

My next rabbit, God willing not for another 10 years, will be a conti. I've completely fallen in love with them thanks to Hector & others on here. And a little grumpy Nethie too :lol:

I forgot that like others, I LOVE seal point bunnies too :love: Also love blue/grey/opal bunnies and get tempted to adopt every one I see :lol:

I would love one of the Argentes or Silver Fox which I think is what Twilight is at Rabbit Residence (she's a permanent)
DSC07926_Twilight.jpg

Back