• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matthew, why?

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
Mummy: Matthew, why have you jumped into Charlie and Cecile's compound? You know that you and Charlie like to try to kill each other.
Matthew: Nom, nom, nom.
Charlie: Nom, nom, nom.
Cecile: Boys? No mum, haven't seen any boys.

Mummy: Tabitha? Why are you all alone?
Tabitha: Maffew gone next door.
Mummy: Isn't that a little dangerous, my love?
Tabitha: I think so - and I get on ok with them. He doesn't.
Mummy: No, I know.
Tabitha: But they're playing nicely now. Cecile is hiding though.
Mummy: That's true. Do you want Cecile in with you?
Tabitha: No.
Mummy: Oh.

Mummy: Cecile?
Cecile: Ah, yes, you are wanting the little Frrrench bunneh? From 'Uddersfield?
Mummy: Yes, little one. You're hiding. Are the boys scary?
Cecile: non, maman! the boys are stupid and they are not having my house.
Mummy: Ah, I see. Quite.

Mummy: Charles? Charles! Charlie!
Charles: What?
Mummy: Are you going to hurt Matthew?
Charles: Not... yet...
Mummy: Why is it all calm and nice in there, when normally you both...
Charles: It's him, not me.
Mummy: No it isn't.
Charles: Let me near your throat and I'll show you what I do. I'm cute aren't I? Look at my grey ears! Give me some food. I need food...
Mummy: Certainly not!

Dilemma:
Matthew has migrated (jumped) from his own compound which he shares with his sister Tabitha, to the compound of Charles and Cecile. Usually, this would lead to attempted murder. So partly, I want to catch the cheeky boy and put him back in his rightful place.
But
I'd love to have them as a quad. Their lives would be better.
So if Charles and Matthew have decided to get along, I think I should leave them to it. If they settle, I try Tabby in there eventually.
Fingers crossed.
But now I can't leave the room, just in case...

Awwww do you think they've seen the Sainsburys ad and are having a Christmas truce?

Good luck and hope they stay together nicely

Well there's a good reason to put off the big clean. :? :lol:
Love the long conversations there. :D
I would be scared to let them continue but at the same time the what ifs would get me.

I will pray for no murders today. xxxx

Brilliant dialogue from the bunnies there :thumb::lol: Matthew and Charlie sound like Blackavar and Slipper! Handbags at dawn for those two! :roll:

Ooh sounds exciting, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Snowy didn't like Frodo at first then we got flooded and she decided she wanted to be with him after all by jumping into his compound and snuggling up to him. Perhaps I should arrange to get flooded every time a bonding takes place.

Late last night, Matthew started throwing his weight around, and Charlie and Cecile were standing together in the corner of the compound, looking for a way out... (Charlie can jump out but he obviously wasn't willing to go without Cecile on that occasion). So, I picked up Matthew, and popped him back in with Tabby, before I went to bed. I didn't want to wake up to vets' bills.
I'll try again in a couple of days, when I do a big clean out. :)
Who knows, they might have something to say for themselves, by then...

Back