• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please give your views

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Hello, I am doing a bit of research about rabbit supplies available and would really appreciate as much input as possible. Please answer as many questions as you can and add your own ideas/opinions.
Is there something you find difficult finding for your bunnies online?
What would you like to see if you were to shop online e.g free shipping, advice pages, range of products etc.
What makes you choose which website you use to buy supplies for your rabbits?
Would you like the option of visiting a shop?
If so, would you like appointments to be available for nail clips and free health advice etc with a qualified vet nurse? If so, ideas of what services you would like would be great.
Which bunny products are your favourite?
What product do you purchase most frequently?
How often do you shop for your rabbits?
Do you tend to shop online or in-store?

If you have the time I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance!

Jen :)

Last edited:
Hi Jen, hope my answers make sense and yo can read them ok! :wave:

Hello, I am doing a bit of research about rabbit supplies available and would really appreciate as much input as possible. Please answer as many questions as you can and add your own ideas/opinions.
Nothing, online I can find things with ease. In-store is harder.
What would you like to see if you were to shop online e.g free shipping, advice pages, range of products etc.
Free shipping would be great - even if a minimum spend applies. Also maybe a choice of delivery e.g. delivery to nearest depot, though I realise it depends on the courier.
A wide variety of products - I would rather place one order than several/Best value
Yes sometimes, especially if I need just a couple of things or need something very quickly, as delivery charges can be nearly as much as what I'm ordering & I'm never in to accept an order.
If so, would you like appointments to be available for nail clips and free health advice etc? If so, ideas of what services you would like would be great.
Not for me - I think I would be concerned at how qualified they were in offering services like that.
I buy a lot from the Rosewood Naturals range. I like to have a selection of dried herbs/forage and fenugreek crunchies. Any toys made from water hyacinth!
Baled hay from a local supplier, bagged hay from Hay For Pets and fenugreek crunchies
Every couple of weeks in store, every couple of months online
Both. Things like the crunchies, hay roll treats and cleaning spray that I use frequently, I can luckily buy as and when I need them from Wilkos. "Special" flavoured hays and toys I purchase online.

If you have the time I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you in advance!

Jen :)

hello Jen. I tried.

no
all costs clearly itemised and explained. its easy to shop but then when you check out postage/delivery, it can be prohibitive.
Do they have what I want? Can they deliver in a way I find acceptable?
Yes
If so, would you like appointments to be available for nail clips and free health advice etc? If so, ideas of what services you would like would be great.
No. I don't trust shops. If I can't work it out for myself I'll ask here, or visit the vet.
I like jingle balls because the rabbits play with them sometimes (toys and distractions don't interest them much) and I like anything made of chewy ropey stuff because they like those a lot. Oh, they like snack shacks but haven't had them for ages.
hay and vegetables
Food, daily and other things rarely
in-store

Jen

No not really .Sometimes its hard to tell what quality etc is going to be like online though

Good range of products that are competitively priced, free shipping and click&collect would be really desirable. photographs of items 'in use' would be useful as often i have trouble figuring out how big a toy or treat might be, for example

price, if i can everything i want in one order, also reliability of the supplier

yes i do like to be able to go in store

i think free health advice and nail clipping would be good, esp for the general publlic who may not take their rabbits to the vets

my bunnies love tunnels and tubes, and they like interesting toys - think rosewood bells etc.

pellets, hay, treats and veg

pellets, treats and hay- monthly
veg - 3 times a week

in store as it is more convenient for me to pick things up rather than having to wait for a delivery- also i work 9-5 so am never in for deliveries anyway! hence why click and collect would be good.

Thank you for the replies so far! It's great to have peoples opinions. In regards to appointments, it would be a qualified vet nurse doing these, would that make it more desirable?

Is there something you find difficult finding for your bunnies online? - I find it hard to find a place where I can order everything from. I buy megazorb and readigrass in sacks, and have to source them from different places.
What would you like to see if you were to shop online e.g free shipping, advice pages, range of products etc. - Free postage, competitive prices.
What makes you choose which website you use to buy supplies for your rabbits? - Free postage, competitive prices.
Would you like the option of visiting a shop? - Not particularly.
If so, would you like appointments to be available for nail clips and free health advice etc? If so, ideas of what services you would like would be great. - Nope. The only thing I might potentially need one day would be a bunny grooming service, but even then I'd probably do it myself if at all possible tbh to save them the stress. I think nail clippings would be helpful for some people. I wouldn't want health advice from a shop, but I think it could be helpful to those who are not educated. But I suppose they wouldn't be coming in for nail clipping anyway :(
Which bunny products are your favourite? - I always buy fenugreek crunchies and carrotys, other than that the only other major things are pellets, megazorb and readigrass. I buy hay by the bale.
What product do you purchase most frequently? - Hay, treats, readigrass.
How often do you shop for your rabbits? - As often as I need to, which is often once a month/every two months for treats. Hay lasts about 2 months too. The rest I buy in bulk so less frequently.
Do you tend to shop online or in-store? - Depends where I can get the best deal from!

Last edited:
Things that are difficult to find online 1) tunnels, shelters etc that are big enough for giant buns, Rosie won't fit in the ones I find and she's not as big as some.
2) decent hay at a reasonable price. You either get cheap hay that is small strands with loads of dust or really nice hay that is expensive. I get bales from a farmer now but it would be nice to have an online option that you knew was good but didn't cost a fortune.

Back