• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit combs

deb80

New Kit
Hugo massive rabbit needs coming everyday, the amount of fur I get off him is crazy but he still looks like he needs plenty out. I'm testing all different combs for which one is best, as he also had matts from his previous owner. I've got a general hair dressing comb which seems to be good, we have a de matter, pretty useless I can't seem to get the hang of it. A coat king which is good but I'm just aware that I don't want to hurt him. I'm slowly cutting the matts out, but there are a few to be honest I'm thinking of taking him to a groomers and getting him shaved or when he gets neutered ask then to do it then. What brushes do you use for long hair rabbits?

Mabel has thick hair for a mini lop I've used zoomm groom slicker type now using flea type comb design and its much easier

Hugo massive rabbit needs coming everyday, the amount of fur I get off him is crazy but he still looks like he needs plenty out. I'm testing all different combs for which one is best, as he also had matts from his previous owner. I've got a general hair dressing comb which seems to be good, we have a de matter, pretty useless I can't seem to get the hang of it. A coat king which is good but I'm just aware that I don't want to hurt him. I'm slowly cutting the matts out, but there are a few to be honest I'm thinking of taking him to a groomers and getting him shaved or when he gets neutered ask then to do it then. What brushes do you use for long hair rabbits?

I use a cat's moulting comb, with longer and shorter prongs. Gets mats out of longer haired rabbits like a dream

Back