• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still no joy in finding buster a home :(

moi

Mama Doe
Part of me is thinking about pairing him off with Timmy, but what if he attacks him like he did Peggy?? Do I risk it? Could it have just been the trio that he didnt like and would be ok in a pair? Arghhhhhh x

Just because he did not get on in a trio it does not mean he would not be OK with just one other Rabbit. I have found bonding two neutered Bucks to be easier than bonding a spayed Doe/neutered Buck :)

Just because he did not get on in a trio it does not mean he would not be OK with just one other Rabbit. I have found bonding two neutered Bucks to be easier than bonding a spayed Doe/neutered Buck :)

I have 2 bonded males who are very close. I worry about Timmy and Buster though as they are both very dominant x

In my (limited) experience, bunny behaviour is difficult to predict and not always logical. :lol: I've met buns who fought with every partner they were offered till they found the one that was "just right" and I've had buns who were very dominant with one partner then became very submissive with a new one.

I would suggest giving it a (careful) try with all due precautions in place. Good luck!

In my (limited) experience, bunny behaviour is difficult to predict and not always logical. :lol: I've met buns who fought with every partner they were offered till they found the one that was "just right" and I've had buns who were very dominant with one partner then became very submissive with a new one.

I would suggest giving it a (careful) try with all due precautions in place. Good luck!
I think what worries me the most is it was after 2 month of being happily bonded that the issue happened. But being in the outhouse I could here the problem. But Timmy and Buster would be living outside and its not realistic to sit out there 24/7. I do worry x

Is there anyone or a rescue nearby who could help with bonding for you, to help save your nerves?

I think what worries me the most is it was after 2 month of being happily bonded that the issue happened. But being in the outhouse I could here the problem. But Timmy and Buster would be living outside and its not realistic to sit out there 24/7. I do worry x

I definitely think it's worth a go with Timmy and Buster, even though as you say, they are both quite dominant. What you experienced with Buster and Peggy seems very bad luck.

How is Peggy now?

I definitely think it's worth a go with Timmy and Buster, even though as you say, they are both quite dominant. What you experienced with Buster and Peggy seems very bad luck.

How is Peggy now?

Apart from the slimmer chin where she had it ripped off and repaired you would never know. Shes her lovely bubbly bunny self x

Back