• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bednobs and Broomsticks

Mandmcc

Alpha Buck
Is it or is it not mean to lift rabbits by their ears? I just saw Angela do it on Bednobs and Broomsticks; I know that was a different era and all but surely it would have been edited out!! It looks horrible but maybe I'm not in the know?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it or is it not mean to lift rabbits by their ears? I just saw Angela do it on Bednobs and Broomsticks; I know that was a different era and all but surely it would have been edited out!! It looks horrible but maybe I'm not in the know?!

Absolutely unacceptable!

Absolutely unacceptable!

Kids absorb all that stuff so easily!! No wonder my nephew asked me if he could lift rabbits by the ears!! I asked him how he would feel if someone lifted him up by the ear and he said 'hurt and scared'. It's just so irresponsible!! Grrrrr! Sometimes I'm worried I can be a bit OTT so thought I should check my facts before I open a can of whoopass on the Beeb!

It is very mean. It's an old film and so I doubt they would now edit it out.

I know it's old but they edit out other things all the time like language or violence for daytime movies; they edited the 'little sh**' out of Three Men and A Little Lady the other day so I know they can do it!

It is very unacceptable cruel and painful. I have seen that film and the rabbit in question is quite large. To hold a heavy creature by their fragile ears is unimaginable cruel. I think it comes from the fact that dead rabbits were often carried by hunters like that :( My son saw the film a while ago and was quite rightly scandalized, thankfully our generation (for the most part) know better.

I had this on at work earlier. I watched the film loads as a kid and had didn't realise this happened it on. I let out a gasp when she picked him up like that, so sad. You do see it a lot back then, it's also how magicians would pull rabbits out of a hat :(

Totally unacceptable IMO. The guy I got my girls from picked his rabbits up by their ears :shock::cry: and even now, 8 months later, they hate me touching their heads or ears. I can pet and fuss them no problem anywhere else, but go near their heads or ears and they run away from me :(

Totally unacceptable IMO. The guy I got my girls from picked his rabbits up by their ears :shock::cry: and even now, 8 months later, they hate me touching their heads or ears. I can pet and fuss them no problem anywhere else, but go near their heads or ears and they run away from me :(

Aw that's so sad; my buns love a good head / ear / neck stroke; that's really awful :( all my rabbits are rescued and I often wonder what their memories are; heartbreaking :(

I had this on at work earlier. I watched the film loads as a kid and had didn't realise this happened it on. I let out a gasp when she picked him up like that, so sad. You do see it a lot back then, it's also how magicians would pull rabbits out of a hat :(

I know me too; I was really shocked at that bit, I don't remember ever seeing it before!

It is very unacceptable cruel and painful. I have seen that film and the rabbit in question is quite large. To hold a heavy creature by their fragile ears is unimaginable cruel. I think it comes from the fact that dead rabbits were often carried by hunters like that :( My son saw the film a while ago and was quite rightly scandalized, thankfully our generation (for the most part) know better.

Yes, it's a big rabbit and looks completely terrified! I know things were different back then but I don't think that's any excuse for showing it now!

I adore that film :love: but yes it is a horrible, cruel thing to do. It is a very old film though so I can see why it happens. I'd never even thought that it should be edited out, but it could and should be done. If tom and jerry now comes with a warning for racist content then blatant animal cruelty should be edited out!

I'm pretty certain Gremlins is a 15 certificate, but I've seen it on in afternoons as a PG: so either violence etc. has become acceptable or they can edit pretty much anything these days. And yes, they won't show cartoon shorts these days so why this? I think it can only be acceptable where it's making a point, not as an incidental thing.

I was always told you mustn't do it because their eyes pop out! Even if that's not true, it must feel like it for the poor things!

I'm pretty certain Gremlins is a 15 certificate, but I've seen it on in afternoons as a PG: so either violence etc. has become acceptable or they can edit pretty much anything these days. And yes, they won't show cartoon shorts these days so why this? I think it can only be acceptable where it's making a point, not as an incidental thing.

I was always told you mustn't do it because their eyes pop out! Even if that's not true, it must feel like it for the poor things!

Yes gremlins is a 15 for some reason, I don't know why.

I've seen the Jurassic park films on during the day and they've skipped the parts where the dinosaurs are killing/eating people even though that's only a pg.

I bet they've never edited out as they don't think it's a problem :roll: maybe if people complained, they'd do something then?

I adore that film :love: but yes it is a horrible, cruel thing to do. It is a very old film though so I can see why it happens. I'd never even thought that it should be edited out, but it could and should be done. If tom and jerry now comes with a warning for racist content then blatant animal cruelty should be edited out!

Wow I didn't know that about Tom and Jerry!!!

Yes I've seen many a film recently that used to be late night viewing! I think it's a combination of editing and desensitisation to violence and general profanity - gosh just sounded like my granny there! Lol!!

Yes gremlins is a 15 for some reason, I don't know why.

I've seen the Jurassic park films on during the day and they've skipped the parts where the dinosaurs are killing/eating people even though that's only a pg.

I bet they've never edited out as they don't think it's a problem :roll: maybe if people complained, they'd do something then?

I did complain to bbc, but not sure that they'd do anything about it tbh!

Back