• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Solution?

mistymoo

New Kit
Hi all,
My two (now one) bunnies shared a two floor run. I let my bunny down on to the lower floor where the other bunny had been (rip toffee) but she developed a habit of jumping up the corner of the hutch to get to the second floor, which she could do when she was small but is too big to do now.
What I really need is some advice. How can I fix down the plastic tray into a wooden hutch to stop her jumping through it and hurting herself?
thanks!
Mistymoo:D

I'm not sure I can picture the problem. Why can't she go into both levels? Is there a ramp? a largish litter tray might cover the hole enough for her to not see it as an escape route if you need to block it (assuming the rest of the hutch is secure in case she does get through).

Does she have other things in there to play with and jump on? Perhaps it is a game for her. How much space does she have?

I also can't really picture the issue. Have you got a photo? It sounds like you may need to provide a safer way for her to move between the two levels. A ramp maybe?

Back