• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Mummy, I don't want the medicine!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
This is now known as The Baytril Reaction. He's less bad with the other two XD

10675667_10101402423550758_272615483132557246_n.jpg

Doesn't help that we're a bit soft with him :oops:

Oh Bless you all.. don't know any other way to express it .. that pic !
I So hope Lopsy is okay, you've all had a lot of recent changes.
Thinking of you! Steady healing energy to youus X

From my Ferni Bun..'Oh Lopsy mate, you bootiful bun.. please get better soon hansome'

Last edited:
Another one who does the tortoise impression!!

Come on sweet thing, it's helping you. :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried giving it to him on a fenugreek Crunchie? My buns hate baytril but can't resist the crunchie eventually!

It was a lifesaver when my girls were spayed in the summer and I didn't want to stress them out or hurt them, plus they're much bigger than Blackavar whom I'm used to medicating. Personally, I've never found the bunny burrito helpful, they always squirm free.

It smells vile too! Metoclop doesn't really smell of anything, but Cimetidine smells yummy! Like proper old Calpol before they took the real sugar out of it. He's on .8ml Baytril so gets .4ml after Metoclop and .4ml after Cimetidine (which he's the best with), then pellets: he's gone off banana :shock: (although it might've just been the banana I had) and wasn't sure about the grape... The whole experience is pretty nerve-wracking for all involved and Matt got horribly scratched last night (although he's not the most confident handler, so his fault really ;P) but he's got the longer arms so can reach easier. Being short is sometimes hard :( Although I at least fit in the run easier to 'chase' him out (I just sit in the bits I don't want him to go ;P).

I am Googling fenugreek crunchies now (well, after I look up meringues!) as I'd like to see how he takes to them. Also going to post in a bit in the Housing thread about indoor space etc. as he's only in his run at the mo which, as I've said before, is too small (5'x4'). Got his carry case as a hidey hole and has two litter trays though, lucky bunny! XD

Matt's at work today so the middle meds (Metoclop and Cimetidine) are mine to do on my own :S We'll see how it goes using food bribery and disguising!

Ummm...Lopsy, you're being more than a little melodramatic there my darling.;)

I know it tastes nasty, but it's for your own good.

Get well soon. Xxx

Lopsy, I know where you're coming from, Baytril has to be the most disgusting medicine on the planet. I know as one of my buns very kindly shook their head after I'd forced it in their mouth & a few droplets hit me in my mouth. It really was Bunny's punishment :lol:

:lol:
Mine are just the same. Rambo had to have a course of baytril recently and was an absolute nightmare. She refused to swallow so you couldn't give her the whole syringe in one go :roll:
Fenugreen crunchies are a great idea, although I find you can only put about .4 on before they decide it's tainted. I give half by syringe and half on a crunchie.

Bramble shares your disgust Lopsy! She's currently on her second course for a bad chest infection and is not enjoying the meds although she thinks the porridge to get her weight back up is ok.

I've soaked his usual Excel pellets in it: as long as they're not in the spoon I use for soaking them in, he'll eat them :twisted: Works with the other two (he'll ALMOST take Cimetridine off the spoon!), and kale (but it'd take his whole kale ration to do one dose of baytril!). Only one dose left tomorrow morning before we go to the vets so I'll do the same again: half a dozen pellets each for the .25ml doses, and about a dozen for the baytril plus three or four kale-y bits. Saves a lot of stress, torn hands and hearts in mouths!

:lol:
Mine are just the same. Rambo had to have a course of baytril recently and was an absolute nightmare. She refused to swallow so you couldn't give her the whole syringe in one go :roll:
Fenugreen crunchies are a great idea, although I find you can only put about .4 on before they decide it's tainted. I give half by syringe and half on a crunchie.

Blackavar does that with recovery food :roll: was a nightmare getting two tablespoons equivalent down him in one day! I did hourly feedings and using ended up wearing most of it :roll: bunnies! Who'd have em! :lol:

Back