• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a bunny!- Reunited!!!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Christmas eve there was an email on our village news group to say there was a domestic bunny loose on the village playground. It had been there all day and so when we passed at 4pm and it was still there I managed to catch it.

He/she is very friendly and is fairly big! It has been living in my spare Wendy house since then but we haven't managed to track down its owner.

Any advice on what to do next? I know rescues are full to bursting at the minute but I can't keep it long term.

Last edited:
Have you taken the bunny to the vets to be scanned for a microchip? I know the chances are slim, but all the bunnies we rehome are microchipped.

I'd also be inclined to put posters up round the area where you found the rabbit. Just a simple post of rabbit found and a contact number for you.

We get so many stray rabbits and very few are reunited :( It's so sad.

Hope you find the owner :)

We have put posters up, put a sign in the local pub and one the village notice board,have put a slip through the door of the houses nearby and put an email on the village news group!

Will try the vets tomorrow for a microchip!

We picked up a stray in our village on 14th Dec. Posted on the village FB page, my own page and put notices up in the church as well as listed him on http://www.petslocated.com. I took him to the vet the next day to make sure he was healthy, find out if he was indeed a he and to check for a microchip (no). Nobody came forward for him, so we have adopted him as our own as have the space/time/funds. I am glad the bunny is safe with you for now and hope you manage to find the owners

I'd phone some local vets/rescues and tell them you have found a bunny and leave a brief description. The rescue I used to work at kept a 'lost' folder and a 'found' folder and I think vets do as well. If someone is looking for bun then phoning vets and rescues is the logical place for them to start.

Although the rescue I worked at once rehomed a bun to their original owners :shock: he had been found as a stray, been neutered and vaccinated and it was over 3 months later when his original family found him. I can't remember if they asked for the minimum donation for him but they did home check and insist that he be bonded before he could go home!!! (Obviously had they phoned the rescue during his stray time we couldn't have done that!)

Bunny had been reunited with his owner!

Took him to the vets but he wasn't microchipped, was on my way back when I got a phone call from a care home round the corner to say he was theirs!

I am a little sad to see him go, he was a lovely little thing!

Took him to the vets but he wasn't microchipped, was on my way back when I got a phone call from a care home round the corner to say he was theirs!

Glad he has a home to go to :D Hope they will have secured his accommodation so he cant escape again !!

Ohhhh, I do love a happy ending!! Glad his owners have been found and that someone bunny savvy found him and kept him safe. Well done!

I bet you're sad to see him go!!

I hope they look after him and never let him stray out again :shock:

Back