• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

wet patch something to worry about?

Andie

Young Bun
I found a wet patch on the carpet where my mini lop was sitting. It doesn't seem to be wee since it was completely clear like water when I wiped it off the carpet with a tissue. (There was some wee near the litter tray which was its usual yellow-brownish colour so I assume his wee is normal, although that could have come from the other rabbit, though she doesn't usually miss the litter tray.) He seems completely normal, ie hopping about, eating, drinking, this bum doesn't even look or feel wet, so I have no idea whether this is anything to worry about, or what it even is. The room is 17 degrees, so I don't think it can be him sweating or so either (if rabbits even sweat). I've only had him for 4 weeks so rabbits are still new to me but I don't want to do anything wrong. Does anyone know what this could mean please?
Thank you!

It's not really possible to tell what you may have seen from a description over the internet. It could have been very dilute urine, he could have previously sat in a damp area elsewhere and the dampness then transferred from his fur to the carpet. If it happens again and/or if there are any other changes that seem unusual I would get him checked over by a Vet. If he is not yet vaccinated and neutered you could also arrange to have this done too

Good luck :)

I found a wet patch on the carpet where my mini lop was sitting. It doesn't seem to be wee since it was completely clear like water when I wiped it off the carpet with a tissue. (There was some wee near the litter tray which was its usual yellow-brownish colour so I assume his wee is normal, although that could have come from the other rabbit, though she doesn't usually miss the litter tray.) He seems completely normal, ie hopping about, eating, drinking, this bum doesn't even look or feel wet, so I have no idea whether this is anything to worry about, or what it even is. The room is 17 degrees, so I don't think it can be him sweating or so either (if rabbits even sweat). I've only had him for 4 weeks so rabbits are still new to me but I don't want to do anything wrong. Does anyone know what this could mean please?

Thank you!

One thing you can't be sure of with two rabbits is who's wee is who's :shock:

Sometimes wee appears like water and sometimes rabbits mark areas where the other has been, especially if there's a new one to the household.

I should just keep a watch and see if anything more appears, and try to find out where from. It's impossible to say what's made that wet patch, I'm afraid!

Good luck :)

Thanks for the replies. He's been vaccinated and neutered already. There were no other wet or damp areas around the whole room, other than the little bit of wee by the litter box. You're right of course, no way of knowing who did what. :) It didn't look like marking to me as it was the size of his bottom where he was sitting. So far it hasn't happened again though and he still looks and behaves normally, so hopefully it's nothing, I'll definitely keep an eye on him of course.

Thanks for the replies. He's been vaccinated and neutered already. There were no other wet or damp areas around the whole room, other than the little bit of wee by the litter box. You're right of course, no way of knowing who did what. :) It didn't look like marking to me as it was the size of his bottom where he was sitting. So far it hasn't happened again though and he still looks and behaves normally, so hopefully it's nothing, I'll definitely keep an eye on him of course.

Hopefully it was just a one off and that all will be fine from now on :)

:thumb:

He's done the same again. If you say it could be that wee seems clear like water then maybe that's what it is though I didn't think a rabbit would like sitting in it. Anyway, since he still seems perfectly fine and eats normally I don't think it's anything urgent, though I might try and phone the vet and ask about it...

Back