• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jeanie Mac!!

It's very scary! I was traumatised and couldn't sleep for months after I watched it as a child and I have to say I'm just as horrified now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the book scary as a little girl. Read it to my son when he was around 11 and really enjoyed it. Not seen the film. Not sure I want to. Dont always like it when they are so different to the books. (Mind you have LOVED the hobbit).

I found the book scary as a little girl. Read it to my son when he was around 11 and really enjoyed it. Not seen the film. Not sure I want to. Dont always like it when they are so different to the books. (Mind you have LOVED the hobbit).

Generally I always prefer the books but in this I'm just not willing to find out lol!

I watched Watership Down last year and gone was the romanticised romantic idea I had of wee bunnies in the wild. i cried buckets and was upset t the film.. Definitely not what I was expecting...

Fee.

Last edited:
I love both the film and the book. Always has me in tears. A few years ago Richard Adams the author, was trying to save the land that the warren was set on from developers wanting to plough up Green Belt land for property development. Not sure what came of it... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...op-destruction-real-life-warren-book-set.html

ETA: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/302401/Outrage-as-bid-to-save-Watership-Down-fails :(

Oh no that's awful!!! I can't believe that could happen [emoji20]

I watched Watership Down last year and gone was the romanticised romantic idea I had of wee bunnies in the wild. i cried buckets and was upset t the film.. Definitely not what I was expecting...

Fee.

I know; I first watched it as a small child and I was so traumatised; crying / hysterics / sleepless nights etc that I was banned by my family from watching the film or hearing the song lol!! It became something of a family myth! Didn't see it again until I was in my thirties and it was just as bad as I remembered but can't stop watching it all the same!

I think I'm going to be brave and get the book and give it a go; I can always put it in the freezer if it all gets too much [emoji6]

I read the book when I was 10 and I was far too young. Found it again recently so will reread at some point. It's not for the faint-hearted, but it's very good! First watched the film when I was 3 or 4: first time I cried at a film, and still the only time I've cried properly at fiction! It was at the bit with the snare... :S

I read the book when I was 10 and I was far too young. Found it again recently so will reread at some point. It's not for the faint-hearted, but it's very good! First watched the film when I was 3 or 4: first time I cried at a film, and still the only time I've cried properly at fiction! It was at the bit with the snare... :S

I know the bit with the snare is horrendous!!!! I was only a teeny tot when I watched it myself; my parents thought it would be sweet because I was surgically attached to a rabbit teddy I'd had since a baby - don't think they realised the full extent of the trauma I would endure!!

On the theme of Watership Down though; I've recognised a few huffy bunny traits in the descendants of El-ahrairah....

00208604ac5848e51f3022ea56c2792b.jpg