• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Came home with a new baby...

Emmyandherbuns

Young Bun
This is Peach, she's so adorable. She is a pet shop bun (I know, I know), but I've been visiting her every day during breaks at work and after deliberating for 2 weeks I decided to bring her home.
I've talked to a few of the people who work there and they're fairly knowledgeable, so even though I'm giving money to an evil machine, I know their staff (at this store at least) have known how to properly look after her.

Peach is going to be a house bun, and we will introduce her to the other 3, but only so there's no issues when they come inside for bonding with us or when the weather is horrible.

So far she's very friendly, inquisitive, and cuddly. I've spent most of the evening with her on my lap, and she even had a bath. We're both very happy, and I am so pleased that I brought her home.

e84a3f160ad7c1f728e94f4bebc99276.jpg

Snuggling up and falling asleep after having a bath.
a0d3d23d81db45a536fef004fd6ca379.jpg

Aww she is so sweet.:love:

But you are not supposed to bathe rabbits, it's not good for them at all and not needed. If they get ill and can't clean themselves then we can clean the area that's dirty. Just so you know for the future:)

I should have specified it was only a little area where she had dried droppings stuck in her fur, but she was interested in the water and insisted on getting herself unnecessarily wet.

She's pretty. I would either bond her with the other three, or not bond them. Don't introduce her then keep splitting them, it isn't fair on any of them and will most certainly cause issues within your trio.

We decided not to bond them at all, I'm sure they've smelled each other on me and my partner, so they know each other are there.

She's an absolute doll, and I have zero regrets about getting her. We bring her out into the lounge and she will happily bounce along the couch and climb all over us until she gets tuckered out. She's so little and curious, but has figured out she's not allowed off the couch.

We're going to rabbit proof the house in the new year once I have more time at home, and at the moment I'm waiting for a play pen (and my next pay day haha) so I can get her properly set up. Right now I don't have the space as we have company coming for new years eve so we have chairs where her sleeping area and litter will be.

Here's a picture of how I found her yesterday after binkying up and down the couch for 2 hours.
0dc3a09a12179f37bace7a7d8525a7fe.jpg

We decided not to bond them at all, I'm sure they've smelled each other on me and my partner, so they know each other are there.

She's an absolute doll, and I have zero regrets about getting her. We bring her out into the lounge and she will happily bounce along the couch and climb all over us until she gets tuckered out. She's so little and curious, but has figured out she's not allowed off the couch.

We're going to rabbit proof the house in the new year once I have more time at home, and at the moment I'm waiting for a play pen (and my next pay day haha) so I can get her properly set up. Right now I don't have the space as we have company coming for new years eve so we have chairs where her sleeping area and litter will be.

Here's a picture of how I found her yesterday after binkying up and down the couch for 2 hours.
0dc3a09a12179f37bace7a7d8525a7fe.jpg

Awww bless her, that can't be comfy! I can't see her head, she's laying in such a weird position :lol:

Thank you everyone :)
She has a great personality, and loves to climb on us.

We set up her "big girl enclosure" yesterday, and she'll be in there until she's toilet trained and we've had a chance to rabbit proof the whole house. She's pretty content with the space she has though as she can binky 4 or 5 times in a row, and is still very small, so we may just extend the space she has as we go.

Back