• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe electric heater for bunnies

nessar

Warren Veteran
The bunnies are in an unheated conservatory/lean-to and it drops to about 10c at night. Ideally I want it to stay around 15c, so I need a heater that is safe enough to use unsupervised all night.

I was thinking about a tube heater, is this what I should go for? Anyone have a heater for their bunnies in their shed or lean-to? What type do you use?

I have tubular greenhouse heaters in both sheds and they work well. Even when it's minus 10 degrees outside, the shed stays above freezing. So in a conservatory it should work ok. You'd want at least 2x2ft or 1x4ft though.

If it's out of reach and no cables exposed yes, tubular. Oil filled would also be safe, as long as it's all out of reach.

Yes, you need a guard to protect bunnies from touching the tubes. You also need to ensure they can't get to the cables.

Back