• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's not well and 100 miles away!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I'm with the OH in Burnley at the mo, at his parents', and got a message today (and a phonecall I missed ;P) to say Lopsy'd stopped eating, had a high temperature and has gone with my bunny-sitter to her house! Poor thing :( So I'm 100 miles/2.5hrs away across the Pennines and Peak District and poor Liz has to look after grumpy-bun!

Never had an unwell bunny before (except post-op!) so feel a bit weird about it. I'm very what will be, will be, but I'm definitely worried about Liz because she's a lot less matter-of-fact than me! :S

Lopsy's got perfect timing though: Christmas Eve :roll:

I think I'll ring this evening and see what's happening.

Oh no what awful timing :( can she get him to the vets today? Because if he's no better tomorrow there will be no getting him there then!

Fingers crossed he picks up quickly x

Vets shut early today so it was emergency vets by the time she got there, where Liz had her cat put down, so not great memories! He's got gut motility agent, antibiotics and antacid(?). He's eaten some kale and broccoli, but the metoclopromide might not be going down so she was about to ring the vet again when I rung at 8pm. He's much brighter than this morning, when he was moping in the corner :)

Liz's (other) cat is confused as to why her litter tray is now in the hallway, not the downstairs loo, and why the door's shut! :) Liz has also learnt how to take a bunny's temperature XD He's plenty of hay and stuff and is in good hands, so we'll see how it goes!

Lopsy is apparently back to his normal self and attempting breakouts, cat-chasing and general disaster in his hospital-home! He even ate his sprouts XD

(keletkezes: are you by any chance Hungarian?)
No :) But I am a linguist with an interest (although no knowledge yet) of Hungarian :D I needed a name for my LiveJournal account back in 2001 and had been using internet translation programs to look at my name in different languages, and the Hungarian one struck a chord because I like words with k's and z's and l's :D I can't even remember which e the accent is on anymore!

Back