• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home sale???

danih

Young Bun
Does anyone know anything about the PAH January sales?

I would like some treats for by bunnies and other pets, and perhaps a feed stock up if the offers are good enough.

Personally I never buy from P@H as I dont want to support their practices of selling livestock and perpetuating the dire animal welfare issues that occur as a result. Could buy from an online store or a small independent Pet Shop that does not sell Livestock instead ?

Tis a good point actually. I do feel guilt at buying from shops that sell pets.

Online frustrates me, as I have had so many replies along the lines of "we don't post to Northern Ireland" or "We post to Northern Ireland with an extortionate postage charge". Not all sites do this, but enough to make shopping around a pain in the !!!!

Closest we have to shops selling pet food but not pets is the Asda / Tesco / pet hut, and their selection of decent quality pet food doesn't tend to be great.

I'll be having another look on-line this week. I've seen a few recommended bunny foods on here that I know we can't get in any of the NI shops I'm aware off.

If you do buy from a shop (or online tbh) double check the "rabbit" treats you buy, pets at home and most supermarkets as well as other pet shops sell treats labelled suitable for rabbits when they aren't actually suitable for them! Check ingredients for eggs or any dairy products which rabbits can't have, and anything with excess sugar should be fed in extreme moderation so I prefer to get non-sugary treats so I can give them treats more often :p

Back