• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crazy Bunny Lady Alert.

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
Driving down my street I noticed somebody cutting back a willow tree that was in their front garden. I said to my Mam "Oh! the bun's would love that!" So she pulled over, asked the guy if we could take some branches, picked the largest branch ever and stuffed it in the car...the branch didn't even fit and he was trailing willow from the back end all the way home. :lol: :lol:

Clearly crazy bunny lady syndrome is contagious!!!!

Buns are all happy, though. :lol:

:lol:

Sounds like a perfect Christmas present! I think I would have wanted to do the same if I saw someone cutting a willow down, but I'm not sure I would've had the confidence! I've never given willow to mine, I bet they'd like it though so maybe I should go searching for some!

My Mam knew I wouldn't have the bottle to ask, hence why she did! :lol: Gotta love her. The guy must have thought she was completely insane. She actually said "Can I have some of your willow tree? I have rabbits and they absolutely love it!" He even offered to cut some off for her (bless him) but she just scavenged what was on the floor. Should have given him my address so he could drop the rest of the tree round. :lol:

I loved that Willow and in the Summer I had to really resist going out with scissors and chopping some of the twigs and leaves off! :lol: My buns now have enough to last them a fair while!

Merry Christmas indeed.

Our neighbour has an apple tree which one or two branches of come into our garden. He was trimming it back earlier in the year and I was like (this is over the fence) "excuse me, could I have some apple branches for my rabbits please?" He threw over loads - there's still some in the garage! Happy days!!

Awww bet your buns are happy! My Cherry loves the willow sticks I get for her from p@h and even Blackavar, Blueberry & Slipper have caught on. My fussy girls ignore it though :roll::lol:

I get weird looks when I ask for stuff BEFORE I mention the rabbit, when it all, apparently, becomes clear!

Lucky buns! :D

This is when living on the river has definate advantages, I'm literally surrounded by willows! :lol:

IMG_1868.jpg

Ohhh. That willow is gorgeous! I have a huge one at the back of me but it's not a weeping so the branches aren't quite as low and it's difficult to get at (I usually send my Dad up the tree to get me some!) :lol:.
The branches off the willow I just got are gorgeous. The buns have been nomming on the twigs and very much enjoying it. I like Fiver to have some because he suffers with arthritis and it does seem to help. :)

Ohhh. That willow is gorgeous! I have a huge one at the back of me but it's not a weeping so the branches aren't quite as low and it's difficult to get at (I usually send my Dad up the tree to get me some!) :lol:.
The branches off the willow I just got are gorgeous. The buns have been nomming on the twigs and very much enjoying it. I like Fiver to have some because he suffers with arthritis and it does seem to help. :)

That's a great tip / reminder... I recently found out, via RU's diet digestion threads, that willow has aspirin in it, so good for arthritic buns :thumb:

Back