• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is sudden gnawing indicative of a problem?

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Poppy has never been much of a gnawer - she's a hay muncher so maybe that sorts out her needs.

However over the last week she's almist destroyed one if the structural supports of her playhouse run. She's got through half of a pressure treated 4x4 and I caught her today covered in wood bits.

She seems fine in herself and is eating, flopping, digging, meerkatting, rearranging house - all the normal bunny things. Might this be an indication she's having teeth issues?

I do give her Apple branches but I'm out, although selves never paid any attention to them.

I'll get some more, if only to save the run!!!

We didn't think ours were particularly into chewing, but now they're in their new home, they are destroying everything :lol: I think as Jane said, it almost like they discover something is fun that they hadn't considered before!

It could be that she's just discovered it, or it could be indicative of something like dental pain and she finds it helps to manage the pain, in much the same way that babies chew on things when they're teething. I think it's worth a good vet check to be on the safe side. Hope everything is ok x x

Back