• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm home for Xmas and today is Indi's spay!!

Alibunbun

Warren Scout
I'm home from uni for the Christmas break and booked Indi in for her spay a few weeks ago, but today is the day! :?

I had to take her in at 9 and should get her back around 3/4 ish just waiting to hear if she is okay after the op! Hopefully I'll be able to be around a bit more now I'm off for a few weeks, I do have January exams though :/

Fingers crossed for Indi! I have one in for castration today and am going to phone the vet in a minute.....itching for news!

Good luck to Indi and to Smokey.

Remember to insist on pain relief to take home with you, if the vet doesnt offer it. Some dont :shock:

Good luck to Indi and Smokey.

Unfortunately girls will take a few more days to recover and most refuse to eat for a few days, just so you don't panic. Don't forget to get some painkillers for over the Christmas period.

Well.

I have some news a lot of you may find interesting. Indi is definitely a girl, but according to the surgeon (very rabbit savvy) she never developed a uterus... She was spayed by nature it seems. He said the uterus of a rabbit is very prominent when cutting into the abdomen and he did have a good look round, but there is only so long you can 'disturb' the internal devices. But he is very sure that she never developed the required organs to bear any babies.

She's doing very well and I can pick her up at 4, just a little shocked and a bit miffed to have spent £50 on basically rummaging round her tummy :? Hopefully she won't be too uncomfortable, I will ask for meds :)

Back