• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass for poorly bunnies

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
I had no idea whether to post this in diet or health so here goes in neither:

My bunnies both have poorly tummies and I was wondering if people think readi grass is ok. I usually give them a hand full between 2 (I'm a smaller sort of person) but they refusing pellets but both nibbling hay. I thought readigrass might be tempting...

What do you guys think?

Readigrass is richer than hay isnt it? Not sure if its a good thing with poorly tummies. Mine tend to go for more natural forage, like brambles or herbs such as corriander when they are not quite right.

What's causing the upset do you know? I would definitely get them checked out my a vet. I nearly lost my buns to coccidiosis, or it could be teeth probs.

You should see a vet first. Any dietary changes should be made with their recommendation and certainly not suddenly, new foods have to be introduced gradually or it could cause more health problems. Also readi grass is very high in calcium which can result in runny poos and it will also aggravate any health conditions such as liver or kidney issues.

Thanks for replies. Sorry, perhaps should have linked to my other thread.

Both seen by the vet this morning and are going back on wed too. We have fiberflex, metacam and rantandine and lots of checking and hay. They just started being off their pellets and I wanted to try to avoid veggies, treats etc in case I make it worse and wondered about readigrass because it is essentially grass and they usually love it.

Back