• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merry Christmas from the Flash's Place Buns (and our random cat) <3

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm early, I know, but I have time right now, and it gives me a chance to write a bit about them too, because my bunnies (and myself, to be fair) are not as well known on here as we used to be because I don't post much, my bunnies are just as awesome as they always were though (and over the next few days, I'd like to try to get up a post with my Bridge Bunnies on, too). For those who don't want to read my ramble, enjoy the pretty pictures, but for those are interested in my bunnies and their stories, happy reading.

(Please also note: no bunnies were stressed in the making of these photos- they just quite enjoyed getting given different treats and were very obliging at the same time)

Flame, Wish and Autumn
My loppy trio. Flame and Wish are siblings, and will be five (!!!!) in April, and Autumn is five and a half. Flame is a hermaphrodite, but we call him a 'he' because he did, at one point, have testicles (aw), he has a heart of gold and is entirely opposite from his very naughty, cheeky sister. Wish is my feisty diva, who is about as messed up as they come, in terms of teeth, digestion, likely liver issues, etc, and we were advised to have her PTS when she was 16 weeks old because her teeth were such a mess. Thankfully, I chose to listen to her and to treat and manager her problems because she is just so happy and naughty now. They both came from Starlight Rabbit Rescue in June 2010, when they were 6 weeks old. For those who remember Gray's Ginger, these are her older siblings. I also fostered the rest of the litter. Sadly Flare and Fizz died before a year old, but, as far as I know, Socks (who went to a lovely lady from here) is still alive and happy. Autumn came from the RSPCA when he was about four weeks old- they didn't know how to care for such a little baby and he nearly died. He turned into a thumping great big, mountain goat of bunny who has no fear about anything, ever. He is as confident as they come, and is the peacemaker of the group. He has dysautonomia and is in the final stages of this condition as he is maxed out on meds to keep his gut functioning. I can not believe he has gotten this far because, when we had to change his dose rate of meds in July, after a prolonged episode of three weeks, on and off, I thought he would be gone by now. Thankfully, for all of us, he has done so well. His gut has nothing left though, and if he gets another serious episode it is unlikely to start working again, as the nerve endings don't function properly, but, we face that if and when it arrives and, for today, he's happy and incredibly annoying, all the time. I've never known a group of bunnies like these three- they are pure lusciousness.

Dawn, Sunny, Hope (RIP)

Some of my original bunnies- now seven and a half. Despite having arthritis, Dawn is one of my healthiest bunnies (beaten only by Butterfly). Sunny is a regular mess, like the rest of her siblings now are. They have adjusted to life as a pair well, and the general chasing that often went on, has surprisingly improved, since losing Hope. They also have gelled and bonded better and Sunny is definitely happier. Very sad to say it like that, but it is what it is. They were not unhappy before, by any stretch, and they would not have worked as a pair originally, but, at this point, now, they are happier (which makes me wonder how long Hope was ill for before I knew and how that is likely what affected them).

Star
Another one of my original bunnies- also now seven and a half, and brother to the two up there. He's a happy chappy, who, unfortunately, has had to remain single, due to fighting all other bunnies, but he's a very people bunny and gets to live alongisde the loppy trio. He loves to run, up and down the landing and around and around in my room. He also likes to be chased, binkying away if he thinks he is. He's a strange fellow. Once we lose Angel, he will move downstairs. He is like the ultimate clean bunny- spotless, he is.

Angel

Angel is another brother, seven and a half, and an original bunny. Out of all my bunnies, Angel is my little miracle. I never thought he would live this long after being diagnosed with thymoma shortly into 2014. His breathing is not the best, but it's not awful, and his eyes bulge horrendously, but he's so happy- he binkies, he digs, he runs, he steals, he begs, he's a right little character, despite it all ('all' being the thymoma, the dental abscesses and the arthritis). I've said so often 'he won't make it to Christmas' and so far, he's proving me wrong and doing a grand job. He doesn't look like he feels anything oher than wonderful (in terms of behaviour and appetite, but also how he is physically, weight, coat condition, etc).

Crystal and Butterfly (Butterfly has the mane)

Butterfly is my healthiest bunny, YAY! I had to have one! He only has dental issues, everything else works ok, as far as I know. He's four and a half too, and also came from the RSPCA- arriving initially in November 2010, but being officially adopted in August 2012. He was another failed foster (like Wish, Flame and Autumn were) after developing dental problems and me leaving the RSPCA and them just putting rabbits with dental problems to sleep. He deserved a home and a life, so he's got one, with his wonderful girlie. Crystal is also from the RSPCA, arrived in March 2012, was adopted in August 2012, also has dental issues, and also has breathing problems. These bunnies are very, very nice bunnies. They were both incredibly nervous but they are very friendly and people sociable bunnies now. They are entirely inseparable and they just make me so happy to watch them. They also have the essence of a comedy duo.

Dopey 1 (all white)and Lightning

Dopey 1 is my old lady bunny, at eight and a half (surviving Dopey 2 by two years now, which is incredible). She is simply the nicest, sweetest bunny ever. Her nature is just incredible, it really, really is. She's simple (and that's a kind way of saying incredibly stupid), but sweet, and nosey. She's deaf and mostly blind, with dental abscesses and kidney issues but she just looks like a young, perky, nosey bunny. Can't speak highly enough of my Dopey. Lightning, like Dopey, is one of my original bunnies, and he's a brother to those motley lot up there and is seven and a half. He's bolshy, he's in charge, he wants the food now, he wants to run now, he wants the hay now, he wants the... whatever is going on, he wants it now! These guys are just fab together, and Lightning saved Dopey 1 from being entirely lost when she lost her sister. Luscious old bunnies.

(please see next post)

Last edited:
Candyfloss (the big white lump) and Dusk

Candyfloss, is my big, white, blind, fighting lump of a bunny. Dusk is the bunny who tamed her wild ways, and, after she divorced four other rabbits in quick succession (well, over the space of the year), he's been so successful with her and they have been bonded since July 2009. She is the ONLY bunny I planned to adopt, and she came in July 2008- all the other adoptions were circumstances, more than choice. She's now around seven, but could be older, and, despite being blind, and having arthritis in her spine, is relatively healthy (hooray). Dusk is another brother from that group, and one of my original bunnies and is seven and a half. He is a dental bunny and has breathing issues that will likely eventually show to be a thymoma, as well as nasty arthritis in his hip and spine. These guys are incredible When I first bonded them, she was scared and fought every bunny and he was so sad and alone and having dentals every 14 weeks. They have made each other so happy, even though they don't have the snuggly relationship that some of my others pairs do. This is the happiest they have been and that makes me happy too.

And our random cat Toto, who moved in nearly 3 years ago (her choice).

From all of us

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Wow! What stunning photos! And what gorgeous bunnies. I hope you have a very happy and peaceful christmas and best Wishes for the New Year. xx

Stunning and beautiful! :love:
I'm just new on the forum really.. and it's lovely to see and hear about your Buns, so much dedication and love!
And you Are well known even though you may not have posted a lot recently... your Bunny Advice Posts from before are all on the forum and people do read them and gain wisdom

A very happy Christmas to and your bunnies Sky-O :wave:
From me and mine xxx

Fabulous photos !! I dont think I have seen Candyfloss before, she is beautiful :love:

Hope you all have a good Christmas and that 2015 will be a healthy and happy year xx

:love:.. Wow, wow and WOW! They are stunning! I particularly love the picture of Star, with the star positioned directly at his eye!!

They are amazing pics.. Are they professional or do you take them yourself??

Fee xxx

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2015 is a better year for everyone than 2014 was.

:love::love::love:

Happy Christmas to you all from all us here! xx

I do apologise, I haven't done Christmas cards this year- not enough time, unfortunately, but, if it helps, the last photo is the card I would have sent you guys. :p

:love:.. Wow, wow and WOW! They are stunning! I particularly love the picture of Star, with the star positioned directly at his eye!!

They are amazing pics.. Are they professional or do you take them yourself??

Fee xxx

I took them myself, in my living room. :) And thank you :)

:love:.. You have a talent! Absolutely amazing pics and you bunnies are sooooooooooooo cute:love::love:

A very Merry Christmas to you and your bunnies and your random cat!

They are such wondeful photos and it's lovely to read their stories.

They're very lucky bunnies :love:

Beautiful, just beautiful pics :love: I actually filled up looking at those!
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas, and that next year will be much better for you...
Big hugs xxx

Beautiful photos of beautiful bunnies, and one gorgeous puddycat. Hope you and you furry family have a lovely Christmas, and a very happy and healthy 2015.
Love from me, Anne, and 2 buns, Toffee and Treacle, and George, pusscat xxxxxxxx

Back