• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did anybody else see this ?

Look at the comments :shock:
People saying the rabbit didn't look squashed though it did & saying wild rabbits don't have 24/7 access to hay so why do pet rabbits have to be? :roll: *facepalm*

Look at the comments :shock:
People saying the rabbit didn't look squashed though it did & saying wild rabbits don't have 24/7 access to hay so why do pet rabbits have to be? :roll: *facepalm*

The comments made me so angry!

"I have never seen wild rabbits needing a constant supply of hay " because they have a constant supply of grass (the same as hay), weeds, twigs, leaves! :roll:

"Bad weather? Do you take the wild animals in and coddle them?" and "It's a rabbit,rabbits live in the wild in freezing conditions"
Wild rabbits have burrows which are a few degrees warmer than above ground and very well temperature regulated as well as enclosed so they're protected from wind, rain, snow etc, they have the rest of their colony to snuggle with and share the warmth of, plus they take substrate down for nesting so I assume they have extra insulation down there too! They are not exposed to the bad weather like the selfish person who dumped this bunny forced it to be!

"It had more room than a rabbit in a show cage or a traveling cage" They're missing the point, if this cage was used to transport bunny from A to B then fine, but it looks as though this was his full time living accommodation, and if that is the case then that is despicable and completely unsuitable, that's what I thought the RSPCA's point was

Grr! Some people!! Grrrrr!!!

I hope the bunny finds a loving new home

The comments made me so angry!

"I have never seen wild rabbits needing a constant supply of hay " because they have a constant supply of grass (the same as hay), weeds, twigs, leaves! :roll:

"Bad weather? Do you take the wild animals in and coddle them?" and "It's a rabbit,rabbits live in the wild in freezing conditions"
Wild rabbits have burrows which are a few degrees warmer than above ground and very well temperature regulated as well as enclosed so they're protected from wind, rain, snow etc, they have the rest of their colony to snuggle with and share the warmth of, plus they take substrate down for nesting so I assume they have extra insulation down there too! They are not exposed to the bad weather like the selfish person who dumped this bunny forced it to be!

"It had more room than a rabbit in a show cage or a traveling cage" They're missing the point, if this cage was used to transport bunny from A to B then fine, but it looks as though this was his full time living accommodation, and if that is the case then that is despicable and completely unsuitable, that's what I thought the RSPCA's point was

Grr! Some people!! Grrrrr!!!

I hope the bunny finds a loving new home
The comments about hay and show rabbits made me the angriest!
Im tempted to join&reply to their comments :lol:

Those ignorant know it all commenters should all be put into 6x3x3 cages, which is what that tiny buns' cage is equivalent to and then be left in a lane somewhere themselves :censored: Poor bun, she's gorgeous as well. Am glad somebody found her.

Last edited:
Those ignorant know it all commenters should all be put into 6x3x3 cages, which is what that tiny buns' cage is equivalent to and then be left in a lane somewhere themselves :censored: Poor bun, she's gorgeous as well. Am glad somebody found her.

Well said... let them see how they feel then

Am so pleased someone found her X

Last edited:
I daren't look too much, or I'll end up taking her home for christmas ( I think they know me well now :p ) and the comments just go to show how totally ignorant the majority of the population are. Even if we tried to educate them about bunny welfare, they probably couldn't care less. Unfortunately, people like that are trolls, otherwise why make such horrid comments...grrrr

:evil::evil::evil: those comments!!! Ooo they've made me sooooooo angry! Poor little bunny, safe and sound now and will not be sent to one of those :censored::censored:!!

I daren't look too much, or I'll end up taking her home for christmas ( I think they know me well now :p ) and the comments just go to show how totally ignorant the majority of the population are. Even if we tried to educate them about bunny welfare, they probably couldn't care less. Unfortunately, people like that are trolls, otherwise why make such horrid comments...grrrr

So you live in kent also fruitandnutcake, my partner keeps pestering me to phone the RSPCA regarding Ethel !

Back