• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So cross and upset with myself

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I give over 30 lots of meds a day; one injection, four nebulisations, and the rest oral. Since doing my bunny meds I've only made one mistake before, which was ok because bunny was within dose range and showed no ill effects. Tonight, I made another mistake, and I'm so, so cross and upset about it. It's Baytril and bunny is just within the prescribed range, but even so, it's double what she normally has and the worry is what will happen (if anything) and how it will affect her. I can't be responsible for another rabbit death, I just can't.

I've loaded her (and hubby) up on Profibre pellets (which is their normal pellet anyway) and then loads of Timothy Hay, and I'm going to keep checking and keep my fingers crossed.

But I am just so incredibly cross. And I feel guilty as well, for being a failure. I shoudn't make mistakes- being exhausted is not an excuse.

Can she please have some vibes for being ok.

I think the fact you have the patience and are caring enough to look after your buns so well is the main thing. We all make mistakes now and then dont be so hard on yourself, you are a great bunny person and a lovely person too. Lots of positive thoughts for both you and buns

If you expect yourself to be perfect then you will allow yourself to fail. To have only made 2 mistakes within all the caring you do then you are pretty amazing.:love:

I have to say, if I believed in reincarnation and they told me I was to come back as a bunny in your care then I'd be so happy.... I've said before I would trust you 100% to care for my bunnies and there are very few people I say that about.

oh and, being exhausted may not be an excuse but it's a pretty darn good reason.

Many vibes being sent that she will be okay. (I'm sure she's not impressed at being given more ucky Baytril than was necessary but hopefully that's the worst aspect of the event)

A one off double dose of Baytril is very unlikely to cause any ill effects. Especially if the dose given is actually within the prescribed range. I have made a similar error myself. Along with god knows how many other mistakes I have probably made during my 16 years of looking after Rabbits.

Sending lots of vibes anyway !!

Thank you all. You're all incredibly kind. I'm still cross, but you've reassured me somewhat and made me feel less like a failure. Hopefully she'll be ok.

Awh don't be so hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes small and large, this sounds like a very small mistake that is unlikely to have any adverse effects at all :D you're human and you've been coping with a lot, it's only natural for mistakes to happen occasionally and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it *hugs*

You aren't the first person nor will you be the last person to make a mistake with medication doses so don't feel stupid at all!

Thank you all guys. She is bright and normal with no evidence of problems after 23 hours, and hopefully they would have show by now.

If you expect yourself to be perfect then you will allow yourself to fail. To have only made 2 mistakes within all the caring you do then you are pretty amazing.:love:

I have to say, if I believed in reincarnation and they told me I was to come back as a bunny in your care then I'd be so happy.... I've said before I would trust you 100% to care for my bunnies and there are very few people I say that about.

oh and, being exhausted may not be an excuse but it's a pretty darn good reason.

Many vibes being sent that she will be okay. (I'm sure she's not impressed at being given more ucky Baytril than was necessary but hopefully that's the worst aspect of the event)

This incredibly generous and has actually blown me away, to be honest. Thank you :) (and yes, in a Dopey kind of way, she wasn't impressed :lol:)

Back