• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bramble is ill - HE HAS GONE :

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all.

My beautiful boy has been kept in vets overnight as he was ill today. Willow is with him.

Vet has said his temperature is low and he is in pain, belly pressing, flat and non responsive. The vet was concerned that he also had severe gas issue. He took him straight away so I didn't hang around to ask any more questions. He'll be given something to relieve his wind issue and hopefully with pain relief and fluids, he'll pull through.

I have to phone in the morning. My stomach is in knots...

The only thing different is I gave them Oat, wheat and Barley Hay? Can this cause issues?

Please please can you pass on any spare any vibes for my fluffy boy.. It's only been 12 weeks since we lost Smudge and I dont want anything to happen to him..

Come on beautiful boy.. Xxxxxxx

Last edited:
:cry:.. Thank you all.....

Does anyone have any idea if Oat, Wheat and Barley Hay can cause severe gas?

Hi Fee! The only thing I can find re the hay which might have caused his tummy upset is it contains lots of seed heads. Has there been anything to upset him, a change in his daily life?

Thanks pal.... I have binned it, just in case,....,

One thing has struck me like a bolt out of the blue.... I introduced straw into their hidy house to keep them warm..... Did Parsnipbun oncesay that straw has seed heads or something similar??

I think, this is the only change made in the past fortnight other then the hay?.. I feel wretched, damn, I just wanted to give them a treat...

No other change, just same old same old..... In bunny land..

Sending vibes for Bramble xxx I don't know about the hay, but my girl Frankie gets gassy issues with no diet change at all. I think sometimes it is just one of those things xxx

Sending your boy megga healing vibes - hope he is soon on the mend. My boy bun has bouts of tummy trouble, suddenly out of the blue with no change in food and I never seem to know why. It's so worrying, so I understand your distress. Hope he is soon feeling well again - sending gentle nose rubs to him. Xx

Oh Fee I've just seen this. What a worry for you. Perhaps it was the change in temperatures that there have been recently? The temperature here has been swinging from below zero to 10 a few days later.

Sending loads of vibes for your little boy. Is he the lop in your avatar? x

I have just seen this too. How is Bramble today has the gas moved through?

It would be good to know if the straw has caused the problem, as I was going to introduce some to add warmth but Moley and Popppy are gassy buns anyway!!

Sorry all.. Its been a busy day .

He is home. Eating, just, pooing, just but not moving around as much.

They gave given him fibreplex, emeprid and i have metacam .

He is certainly not himself but thankfully eating. He has been grooming and Willow has been grooming him .

Will keep you all posted...... Thank you all so much xxxxxxxxxxx xx

Back